Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Info on Top speed when buying a car

Short explanation (in notes):
- Show the top speed of a car when looking through the list of them
- For example, Chevrolet Camaro, top speed 60 mph
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I always see many people in OOC asking about the top speed of a variety of cars. I personally think it would benefit many people when they are looking for a car to buy.

Optional additions:
- Could add more information than top speed (nothing comes to mind however)
-
-

Reaction score
Two words:
Test Drive

Although you shouldn't go speeding both for your own safety as well as others, which some cars can easily break the speed limit. However, think of this way for cars that can break the highest speed limit higher cost, faster speed, enough said.

Reaction score
Two words:
Test Drive

Although you shouldn't go speeding both for your own safety as well as others, which some cars can easily break the speed limit. However, think of this way for cars that can break the highest speed limit higher cost, faster speed, enough said.

Stephen would it be possible to add some sort of Information bar to the vehicle you are test driving ? This could become useful when you are getting pulled over by the Police that they are aware that you are currently on a test drive. Obviously that does not mean you can break the traffic laws but could prevent from people losing their money because a cop told them to get out. (Be aware that it is dependent on the situation) Meaning that if you killed someone with the vehicle and the Police tells you to get out it would be something different and you would have to comply no matter what.

Normally vehicles that you test drive have a red license plate (At least in germany).

Reaction score
Kinda want this, I don't want to test drive any car since i'll risk to lose some money, Would be nice, I support this suggestion.

Reaction score
I prefer slower and smaller cars over fast and large cars, but having a speed indicator before hand would be useful, however doesn't really effect the server or players... To me, it just feels like something un-needed being added to the server, but that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
+Support Definetly needed. When buying a car IRL you are being told of how fast it goes, basiclly everything about the car. You do test drive the car aswell but it doesnt mean you are the one that needs to guess and check how much it goes risking yourself and not told what are the functions of it. Since this is serious RP and meant to resemble real life, this should definetly be added to the CD menu.

Reaction score
+support we need these things because
  • People always ask what the top speed of a car is.
  • People always ask/want to know how many people can get in the car.
  • You can come up with a lot of things more.
also its a bit better if you know these things in making a choice of what caryou want to buy like with top speed amount of pasengers etc.

Reaction score
When I first bought my Citreon C4 it did not tell me that it was a 5 seater and what its top speed was while I was impresses by my choice of car I was not happy about the information before I bought it.

Reaction score
For anyone that's interested, review this post I made quite awhile back when we were still gearing up for Paralake City V2 and I was working on a host of new features.

https://perpheads.com/threads/stephenpuffs-dev-log.2134/page-2#post-21279

I gave people the opportunity to have more information added at that point, as you can see by me requesting 20 likes on that post. (When we switched XenForo the likes it did have were lost) when I had viewed that last before the switch/release of those updates, it only had achieved approximately 12 likes. In a later post I mention that it still did not get enough likes by trying to encourage people to do so. However, this never happened, so I never bothered to include that sort of information.

If I'm honest though, the whole car dealer look really should be redone, yes I've changed it for upcoming update as you can see in Carrot's latest idea post, but it isn't all that great still if I do say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.