OOC/IC Seperation?

• Yes move OOC out of IC

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No keep as is

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I don't have the details of how this would be laid out right now, but anyways I have a new poll.

Would you be in favor of having the OOC messages appear in a different place than the IC messages?

This would help eliminate the occasional spam of OOC messages which make IC chat hard to keep track of who is saying what or when. However, it means you might have to check a window or something (as mentioned don't know the details) to see the OOC messages specifically.

This poll will stay open for 1 week.

Reaction score
I think there will be a lot of complaining when it happens, but I prefer it to be that you can only see IC in one point and OOC in another.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be honest the current system in my opinion works totally fine, I would not be against an option though to toggle it.

MattIs

Seems a bit over the top and hard for scrubbies to understand

Reaction score
I don't have big problems in following the messages ICly on the chat. the only way OOC messages in a separated window would bring a relevant benefit is that the adverts would be visible for longer. By the way I prefer it as it is now, because even if I have another screen where I can put that windows, so it doesn't cover a relevant part of the game screen, I would still have to tab out the game to be able to write in that chat.

TL;DR read the underlines
[DOUBLEPOST=1441114959,1441102519][/DOUBLEPOST]@StephenPuffs referring to the comment
No, i didn't understand, well this change everything, so count a +1 YES and a -1 NO my vote. the only defect now is that if i write "buying VIP" not many people will see it anymore because they will have to check the other window, but it's worth for me, it would be even better if you add a scroll bar so that you can check very old messages.

Reaction score
Spam is only occasional and I feel as if it were to be removed, it would make newcomers confused and would constantly ask 'where is the OOC chat?'
I don't think spam bothers a lot of people anyway; only those who want something to complain about like me

Plus they will get muted by most members of staff if they feel the need to.

In conclusion; please don't remove it otherwise I will forget that it exists.

Reaction score
The only problem I would really see with this are things like people asking questions in the help chat, and not many actually seeing it. This reduces the chances of people getting a response to their question. Also, if a staff member is needed to come back to a situation, however is too busy to look at the OOC chat window, it is unlikely the staff will know to go back to the player soon enough.

Obviously this would be easily fixed by making the windowed chat optional, however it is still a problem that I would see with it.

Reaction score
I do kinda like the current system. Its good, like if someone needs help etc its just to ask OOC/HELP. Like if you think there is alot of spam in the OOC chat, its just for the Staff team to control it.

I really think having it as it is now is usefull for new people that doesn't really know alot and needs help while playing. Just my opinion.

Ayjay

Reaction score
OOC is a form of communication which is used daily, and quite a lot for that matter. It's used in a good, and bad way; both involving the community in a fun, serious and sometimes silly chat. However, in-character is sometimes affected by this.

I understand that @StephenPuffs wants to change the way that this is displayed via means which will take a lot of getting used to, and we really have to think about the benefits / negatives prior to actually deciding if it should be added.

Personally, I think at the current time this should not be added to the server. We currently have an option to disable OOC and /help chat via the F1 menu; it's an option which not many of us take however it is there to enhance roleplay if wanted by the user. I'd like to see this seperated at some point however I myself can't think of a smooth, reliable way for this to be implemented.

I feel the current chat is fine, great at that and yes it can be a bit annoying however as I said you do have that option to disable it.

However, then again you do have the problem that if a new player joins the server, the first thing they see is people typing stuff in OOC which isn't really the best look for the server. I'm undecided really.