Open Discussion: Summer Tournament(s)

M

Reaction score
f9c.png
I'm shooting to do another tournament of some sort in the summer (that's between June and end-August).

In the past, when it's been polled, majority vote was for CS:GO. However, there was some demand for other games - people interested in Rocket League, Civ, etc.

So, to get an idea of what people want, please reply here with your thoughts and I'll post a poll with the most popular ideas later.

Another option would be a multi-game or 'olympic' type setup, which would allow us to have multiple smaller scale tournaments and make the skill levels more diverse; obviously points would be available for all of the different games rather than just relying on one to figure out the winner(s). Although it will be Summer, and there's a lot of free time, I'm not sure we have the appropriate scale for this idea.

Edit, for any newer members who haven't seen what we've done in the past:
https://perpheads.com/threads/ph-xmas-cs-go-16-match-details.22323/
https://perpheads.com/threads/ph-go-summer-2016-tournament-wrap-up.18817/

Reaction score
Rainbow Six Siege is built for things like this. The spectator system is amazing with full 3d view of everything instead of just first person and 3rd person. It would be a really smart idea to host the summer tournaments on Rainbow Six Siege and im sure many people agree with me. CS GO is good but all games get boring eventually.

This is Alpha footage of the game but I can assure you, the spectating system is no different.

2968232-screen+shot+2015-11-19+at+5.58.17+pm.png

Reaction score
List from what I'd want the most to least.
Starcraft II
Rocket League
R6S
CS:GO

The tournaments were nice to watch, but I seriously couldn't handle the "It appears" every second sentence, so I left :(
Other than that I think it was great.

Reactions: M
Reaction score
TF2 that'd be hilarious lmao, nah but if they release a way to play PUBG on community servers for sure that, but until then i'd like R6S.

Reaction score
I think that having Rainbow Six Siege would be great. As you can see from the Spectator mode, it's quite a useful tool.