• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Reaction score
X7rE7oO.jpg

Summer Tournament 2017
View the discussion thread

The discussion thread requesting ideas from those interested in another tournament this year has identified some decent game ideas. Please cast your vote in the poll I've created (at the top of this thread), and one or more ideas will be selected and ran as a tournament. You can chose up to 5 options!

Since the maximum number of options is 10, I've had to narrow it down based on how popular they were on the discussion thread.

Option 1: Multi-Game Tournament

Teams form and can enter multiple 'mini tournaments' (although, it follows that the more popular games will be more competitive!) to earn points/medals, which will count towards their overall score. This will take more time, and may not work very well with the scale of our community!

If there is enough demand for this option, the most popular of the other options will be combined with other ideas (daft stuff, e.g. connect 4/chess/monopoly etc. on tabletop sim).

Option 2: CS:GO
Three CS:GO tournaments have been ran in the past as it proved to be a popular option with the community. Some feel like a change of tone might be more interesting.

Option 3: Insurgency
Fairly cheap for participants to buy.

Option 4: Rainbow Six Siege
Although popular, a little more expensive for those who don't have it.

Option 5: Rocket League
Fairly popular and was voted for strongly in the poll for the last tournament.

Option 6: PUBG
Will need to look into concerns around hosting this one.

Option 7: Overwatch

Option 8: TF2

Option 9: LoL

Option 10: Assetto Corsa

Reaction score
I have a lot of Team Fortress 2 comp experience, I can set up tournaments and make teams. Hit me up if you need anything

M

Reaction score
Unfortunately not because the poll only supports 10 options, if you want to vote for for honor you may reply saying this.

Reaction score
Oldschool runescape private server pking, it's free and no bullshit 'my pc can't run this game'

M

Reaction score
Going to leave this open a little longer. In just over 24 hours 100 people have voted so :hype: for a big popular tournament 8)

Reaction score
its good you guys vote csgo
because we've definetely not had that for all our tournaments
no sir

Reaction score
I'd love to see multiple tournaments over a selection of games just to have some variety, I like CS:GO but it's just standard isn't it, let's get some variation!

Reaction score
TF2's good. You can host your own servers, it's completely free and it's just fun and a laugh to play. It would be good to have a mixup.

Reaction score
I would be really disappointed if R6S lost due to thats the only game on the list I play and actually enjoy but if it dose lose the poll, Please don't let it be CSGO. Having the same game over and over again its boring and you will just lose viewers. My opinion. R6S Is like I have already said is built for this. :meh:

Idea: When the poll is concluded start another poll and get people choose between the top 2 most voted games.

M

Reaction score
  1. Multi-Game Tournament
    39 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. *
    CS:GO
    48 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. *
    Insurgency
    25 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. *
    Rainbow Six Siege
    44 vote(s)
    40.0%

5. Rocket League
    25 vote(s)
    22.7%

Thanks for voting. I'm looking to run R6S and CSGO separately currently, but will consider the multi-game option, and perhaps a smaller RL/Insurgency tournament.

Reaction score
Squad is an option too, found a "tournament" option in the configuration files. Still need to check it out though, either way this is a game that some community members play... Might be something we should consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.