ParalakeFM

What do you think of the current design?

• It's just about fine, could use some more responsiveness.

• It needs a major overhaul! I do NOT like this website design.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Riekelt do you mind if i make an android app for this? Id love to listen to this in the bus/sitting at central station due late dutch train :kappa:

(Id make iphone too if sombody gives me 100$ for a dev account)

Reaction score
Having done radio during my intern-ship at my local station and on various Gmod servers, I'd heavily advise you to be far more selective on who you employ as your 'broadcasters'. That is to say, you need a voice that sounds good and you need an ability to stay on point. I'm afraid that in my humble opinion that you have too many broadcasters. Create a criteria of a set age ( I advise 16 and above.) to ensure proper voices and maturity, outline the nature of their role, outline a static place of broadcast ( I recommend the skyscraper.) ,etc.

A little bit of organisation goes a long way in radio in both IRL and on Gmod. Best of luck to you all with this.

Reaction score
Gotta love how my post which was based entirely in experience and with the intention of potentially assisting you guys was instantly disregarded and rated 'dumb' by the usual shitposters. Yeah, my advice (Which holds more integrity and substance than any suggestion most of you could offer) was clearly dumb. Obviously. I mean, fuck, doing broadcasts on Gmod servers for half a decade and assisting in an IRL radio station clearly isn't enough experience to offer some helpful advice.

Keep it going, kids. Stay mad, stay bad.

Reaction score
Our website is currently under a ddos attack. Our host has been made aware and we have tracked down the attacker, currently working on stopping the attack.

Update
The attack has been traced back to Norway.
His IP address has been blocked so hopefully that will stop the incoming traffic.

Reaction score
Website is back up lads!

We will be looking into the origins of the attack and legal action will be taken if we find out who was behind this.

Reaction score
Do you have a Garry's Mod server and do you want to allow your players to listen to ParalakeFM or are you just curious as to how the addon for our TTT and Stronghold works?
From today there is a public Garry's Mod addon available! You can also use this on singleplayer!

To install this addon, go over to /garrysmod/addons and put the ParalakeFM folder in its entirety in there!

Download: http://paralakefm.com/gmodAddon.zip
[DOUBLEPOST=1452203387,1451924286][/DOUBLEPOST]So after a bit of work we now have a very simple Android Application that you can use to listen to the station without using an obnoxious amount of data due to Radionomy.

To download it simply go to your phone's browser, navigate to http://paralakefm.com/app.apk and open the APK, it'll ask you to allow it to install external apps, it's recommended that you select "Only allow first installation" to prevent malicious apps from being installed.

There is no volume option yet, just use your phone's volume slider to adjust it.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Do you have a Garry's Mod server and do you want to allow your players to listen to ParalakeFM or are you just curious as to how the addon for our TTT and Stronghold works?
From today there is a public Garry's Mod addon available! You can also use this on singleplayer!

To install this addon, go over to /garrysmod/addons and put the ParalakeFM folder in its entirety in there!

Download: http://paralakefm.com/gmodAddon.zip
[DOUBLEPOST=1452203387,1451924286][/DOUBLEPOST]So after a bit of work we now have a very simple Android Application that you can use to listen to the station without using an obnoxious amount of data due to Radionomy.

To download it simply go to your phone's browser, navigate to http://paralakefm.com/app.apk and open the APK, it'll ask you to allow it to install external apps, it's recommended that you select "Only allow first installation" to prevent malicious apps from being installed.

There is no volume option yet, just use your phone's volume slider to adjust it.
f909c74dcc.png

Little visual preview for everyone before they download it.

Reaction score
I will be making some modifications to the website and team soon, so hopefully get some good music playing again.

Also installed an SSL certificate for encryption and that kind of stuff.
o8rqhd6.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1459266988,1457215404][/DOUBLEPOST]I have just added a poll to the post, any feedback is appreciated!

Reaction score
Just a quick question.

Why is it that when i click on the timetable there are no broadcasters?
Its been months since ive seen a DJ on ParaLakeFM
Could you tell me why this is or if its just my side?

Status
Not open for further replies.