Perpheads: Black and White

Leo

Reaction score
So I've just seen pugga post this:

Its made me realise how limited the players are on that server. Everyday its the same things being done and its not just because I choose to do the same things over and over. I don't join the server and say yeah man another day of growing and raiding lets have at it...there's literally nothing else to do? I'm not going to become a cop because its absolutely boring. Especially if you don't have a relevant rank, all you do is secure perimeters, give out a ticket or two. If you're lucky you'll get to shoot your pistol but that's only because the TFU just got shafted and well...you're next :D

Users should be able to do these things like what pug posted them selves. Feel like the server rules limits everyone so much and its just so repetitive, I mean honestly like if I planned with 10 people to do a race around the map breaking red lights and stuff I HIGHLY doubt staff members would allow it. Hell I want to join one day and see like a fucking gang checkpoint outside Projex. Feel like any sort of creativity seen on the server instantly calls for a staff member to come and disassemble; you can clearly see examples of this when rules such as 4.5 is added. I mean if step sis wants to make it illegal for people to eat burgers let her...

Fuck it one day I'm gonna kidnap a bunch of people, put them in an apartment and sell them back to the PLPD 2k per head because why not lol? Oh yeah probably breaks a rule or 2 haha I forgot!

I remember back in the day @ToeRag2k6 used to buy meth ingredients from some guy who was making like $200 profit per barrel. I mean he didn't have to but he did and it created more rp. Why can't I go rob uncle cos? Or (This one's a stretch I know) Molotov the PD because they gave me jail time lol . All I can do is raid grow raid grow raid grow raid grow guess what I'm being bombed then I'm gonna raid then I'm gonna grow then I'm gonna throw a bank raid in there to keep things 'interesting'

Extremely poor example lads I know but you get my drift. Let me join the server and be greeted with the whole city hall blocked off with a singular entry point 'checking people for corona' or some org buys the whole forest area and if you want to access the area you have to pay like $100. Imagine having to actually know someone who knows someone who knows someone else to buy guns instead of just walking into Bazaar and seeing everything available to you, A gang of vigilantes kidnapping criminals and handing people into cops. I reckon people want to do these dumb silly things but cant because they're always facing a ban lol its so dead. I've probably done a poor job of explaining my frustration here but I'm sure a lot of you will understand and relate.

With that all being said...Free Tinky Free Sugma

If you're going to disagree let me know the last time you saw something creative or new or just different being done on the server because I'm almost certain since the Boxing ring there hasn't been jackshit and that's just the truth whether you like me or not :D I'll wait :p

My mate who quit perp 3 years ago added some of HIS ideas to the conversation.

Requests for staff: Clearer rules to allow players to knows whats allowed/not allowed to allow for creative RP (get rid of excessive negativity)

Monthly server resets to allow new players to be more competitive and to freshen up the server i.e. new characters and gangs (get rid of several year old characters) altering prices to accommodate this change e.g. make mini 10k and aks 7k and so on. This would also punish players who spend money buying perp cash.

For admins to be malleable with the rules for the sake of RP

Add function to allow city funds to be used for things like hostages, so cops don't have to pay out of pocket and it just result in a standard cop vs gang shootout immediately (because how does this promote RP)

"The server feels like a gmod rust server" His words

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the server but you do have a point at the moment it pretty much is grow and raid unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't join the server and say yeah man another day of growing and raiding lets have at it...there's literally nothing else to do?
This is such a daft statement. If you genuinely can't think of something to do other than grow and raid then the issue doesn't befall upon the game mode itself, Its you and solely you failing to put any thought or imagination into your playstyle. What ever happened to people wanting to establish businesses? People either cant be arsed to invest time and money into something for both the sake of roleplay or a small but manageable profit for two reasons: Laziness, or fear of being robbed. There's a reason that properties in the bank are split into 3 categories, Residencies, Shops and businesses. Business properties are literally designed to accommodate a business, something that creates interactions and roleplay. Hell, it doesn't even have to be just a business, you can grow in it too to make profits.

This isn't "all perp players can do" its just all YOU do.

Users should be able to do these things like what pug posted them selves. Feel like the server rules limits everyone so much and its just so repetitive, I mean honestly like if I planned with 10 people to do a race around the map breaking red lights and stuff I HIGHLY doubt staff members would allow it.

If it doesn't break any rules, we will allow it.

Fuck it one day I'm gonna kidnap a bunch of people, put them in an apartment and sell them back to the PLPD 2k per head because why not lol? Oh yeah probably breaks a rule or 2 haha I forgot!
I'm going to be blatantly honest with you when I say this is a dogshit idea. Who is actually having fun in this situation? You and only you. Lets flip the tables here; what if you were heading back to your apartment to harvest your drugs, and I suddenly forced you into a van and took you to the other side of the map against your will for like 30 minutes of your spare time, where rules prevent you from resisting or leaving the RP situation solely for pocket change type cash that the PD Probably won't pay?

I remember back in the day @ToeRag2k6 used to buy meth ingredients from some guy who was making like $200 profit per barrel. I mean he didn't have to but he did and it created more rp.
Literally nothing stops you from distilling and selling meth ingredients that won't already stop you from selling it to the DD. Literally nothing. In fact, players like @Sorle actively sell coke seeds from seeding batches, Distilled meth ingredients, etc. You can't say there isn't a market for it anymore either, its a booming business.

Let me join the server and be greeted with the whole city hall blocked off with a singular entry point 'checking people for corona'
I don't know if you ever played the server when the COVID Outbreak began but this was literally the case for months, Police setting up covid checkpoints and @TinySlayer forming an anti-covid task force (Albeit, he was killing suspected covid patients but still). The sole reason that stopped was the joke expired faster than a dog in a hot car.

Imagine having to actually know someone who knows someone who knows someone else to buy guns instead of just walking into Bazaar and seeing everything available to you
Imagine being new and knowing nobody who can shadily supply you with what is an unrestricted item to purchase. Also, this is already the case when it comes to bombs and grenades, so this aspect of the server really isn't at all missing.

Or (This one's a stretch I know) Molotov the PD because they gave me jail time lol .
Because there's no actual benefit to doing so, it causes issues to players who are uninvolved, and if we allowed it, people would just rage molotov the PD all the time.

A gang of vigilantes kidnapping criminals and handing people into cops.
You think this is a good idea until it happens to you, speaking from first hand experience.

My mate who quit perp 3 years ago added some of HIS ideas to the conversation.
Has he played since he "Quit" perp? Because if so then the case may be that whatever his criticisms are, they've probably already been patched.

Requests for staff: Clearer rules to allow players to knows whats allowed/not allowed to allow for creative RP (get rid of excessive negativity)
There's like 23 rules under a single section, how clearer do you want it to be?

Monthly server resets to allow new players to be more competitive and to freshen up the server i.e. new characters and gangs (get rid of several year old characters) altering prices to accommodate this change e.g. make mini 10k and aks 7k and so on. This would also punish players who spend money buying perp cash.
Yes, lets completely wipe our economy monthly thus making it incredibly difficult to establish yourself AT ALL at any point in the game mode, making players value items less because they're losing them anyways, have players literally doing the same old grind 24/7 solely to actually have any items at all, by growing drugs which is the thing you literally complained about in the first point I bought up.
"The server feels like a gmod rust server" His words
If it feels like Gmod rust then why are you literally suggesting Rust features that would further ruin PERP like monthly wipes?

For admins to be malleable with the rules for the sake of RP
We tried that with RP Events and people just complained. There's plenty of roleplay situations you can do where you don't break rules. If it goes against rules then maybe it just shouldn't be done.

Reaction score
Lots of your points have already been addressed so I won’t go into that, but I’d just like to comment on the rules/admin related point.

I don’t know where this idea that staff will punish you for roleplay has come from. For a staff member to punish you, you have to do something which breaks the (very clear) rules. Not only this, but in most cases your rule break will have also affected other players/created a bad situation, with a few exceptions. No good staff member will punish you for creating an interesting or fun roleplay situation, even if it bends the rules a little. We’re not some nazi force which shuts down each and every situation, and we shouldn’t be alienated - if you want to do something but don’t know if it’s allowed or not, you can just ask in a help and support report and one of us can write off on it. If you don’t ask and just do something, then a staff member punishes you, what you did was clearly wrong (disputes exist though).

Little off topic but I’ve been seeing comments like this a lot lately.

Reaction score
I am a certified 11/10 powergrower myself and I really can't agree with most points you made. As it has been mentioned by @BigBenji it is your own fault for not having even a small amount of the creativity required to set up a roleplay situation. Hell every time I see you you talk about how many guns you have and how good of a PVPer you are, be the change that you want to see. Set up a business, restaurant, a shop for materials when the taxes are high, there are so many opportunities to RP that you will probably never get if you keep being a hypocrite.

Reaction score
Literally, just make a report and say "I want to do 'RP idea' is this okay, can I do this, and do you have any suggestions." Staff members bug me all the time to do odd roleplay situations with them so they are absolutely going to help you out.

Additionally, people aren't gonna do these RP events for you. The staff team has tried many things to encourage the community to be more creative, the only thing that is going to change anything is actions you take yourself! @Leo

Reaction score
The event team are looking for new ideas for rp events, If you have any, let us know. I'm sure we can organise a similar event like this soon, especially as Pug asked for one.

Reactions: Leo
Reaction score
For anything breaking the rules (like street races, robbing uncle cos etc) you are allowed to make a report and there is quite a chance that we will allow it as we can monitor it doesn't turn aids (and stop the RP in case of worsening)
We enforce the rules so perp doesn't turn a shit show (which it does always anyways) and everyone can have a fun time playing and not just become 24/7 gungame (your suggestion of removing 2.5)

Half of ur statements are stupid lmao. Like no joke if u want to sit in an app and grow 24/7 you do you, I haven't grown in ages and make more fun than you do. Perp for me is socializing, hanging around and making fun.

Some examples:
-Rogue usually sets up amazing shops in bazaar and I can always have a laugh with him
-Today Roxie was on and we had a lot of fun seeing him do stupid stuff
-bazaar was a minge fest but controlled which caused a lot of laughs among players
-evasion of creative people where cops are clueless when vehicles kept getting stolen

If you just want to sit in an apartment, shoot people or kidnap shit all, than there is something wrong with you not the server.

TL:DR go do other stuff in the server instead of sitting in ur app and shooty shooty, if you want creative RP and it is against the rule make an F6 to get permission

Reactions: Leo