PLPD#2

Reaction score
1)
Some guy was crying over how I shot him 'Unarmed' right after he decided to Aim a M9 Towards myself and shoot it to which I was replying to him. More so, The server was complete aids and I had enough of it so I went off to finish some work I had to do *Cough* @A1L *COUGH*

A1L

Reaction score
@Spoon All he said 'Thats fine by me', hence I seem he was responding to what the other guy was saying if they came closer that they'd jump, what is the problem with that? I agree if he can't be under stress, but what the fuck are you on about

Reaction score
@A1L can't find the problem with an officer telling a suicidal guy that it's fine by him if he jumps?

Reaction score
@A1L He is saying if the civ took his own life its fine by him? I think its duty of care or more just common sense to talk them out of it. Talking about lack of RP of whitch you both probably checked on that poll and yet you don't even try to engrage in their suicide RP?

Reaction score
@Spoon Clearly you don't understand, I said that is fine by me that officers shouldn't go near him. Clearly, you have lost some brain cells Yes?

Reaction score
@A1L alright big boy, what Jimmy said could very easily be understood wrong. You seem to like getting aggressive very easily so if I was you I'd watch my attitude.

Reaction score
@Spoon The fact the officers Did that Was not allowed. I decided to go off duty so I Could do IA Work. But clearly, you guys are attached to perp and feel that I should instantly waste my life and deal with some officers.

Reaction score
he understood the civilians reasoning by saying "fine by me" when officers would approach them but at least try to defuse the situation instead of standing around with your Remington out and letting the other officers approach them even more that lead to this in the first place

• Agree
Reactions: A1L
Reaction score
@Creepis Open your eyes, I was messaging someone is OOC Who was complaining I had fucked up in situations. What do you think I was doing, If Aloo89 had posted the full video he'd see, but by Jumping off City bridge they broke 3.6.

Reaction score
You’re a big boy aren’t you. Posting stuff like this on your own

Reaction score
Hello,

As of recent, the lack of Police Roleplay has been a large issue. In some instances where this has been reported and people have been pulled up, things have gotten better. But not as good as they should be.

'SuicideRP' - This has been around for a long time, I have even attempted to do this and I used to get some good results, however as of recent I just get gun pointed and detained and if I do kill myself, I end up having to justify myself to a staff member. Another person I have seen trying to do this is @Prepper. We all know that RP in PERP has become very minimal, but recently I do see some players striving to start some sort of roleplay situations, whether it be stands outside of the City Hall with your very own 'Kemo Therapy Sessions' or with Lotteries or fish stands.

When I see situations like come around, I expect to see some good standard of roleplay and people being spoken to like humans, rather than like dogs. It is really a shame that the Sergeant on scene could not display the roleplay that I speak of. There are a number things you can do when this happens, you can cry in OOC, you can make an IA complaint or make a thread like this. All 3 scenarios would not have a major impact on how things work, however 1 of them will provoke some sort of discussion to how these situations should be handled. That choice being making a thread.

Now for the people that don't know how to deal with situations like this, here is a handy list of things you could do.

1. Cordon the area off and stop traffic flow to the area
2. Assign someone to speak to the jumpers or people trying to commit suicide
3. Do your best to de-escalate the situations, such as turning off emergency lights or sirens and speaking in a calm manner.
4. Set up contingency plans, such as having a medic stations near the beach so that officers can pull the bodies out of the water and revive them
5. Offer the jumpers anything from money, to a home or even to a job.
6. GUNS SHOULD BE LAST RESORT. You should certainly not be waving your gun around at an someone trying to commit suicide.
7. Make sure the suicidal person doesn't feel 'trapped' and maybe even offer them a coffee or a burger

Those are just a few tips, now what do you do after? The normal response is to arrest them or whatever, but I'd like to see people maybe try other things such as taking them to the hospital and having a medic speak to them, maybe even buying them a house and giving them a steady income from your own money (obviously nothing crazy, maybe just like 5k and that would do for food). Just something creative, whatever you think off. Usually, I like to take them to the park and things of such, and just talk.

I understand that these changes will not happen immediately, but I believe it is something people can try and enforce so we don't have situations mentioned above occurring frequently.

Reaction score
@Spoon Have you lost brain cells? The fact you rate every post of mine dumb to then reply? The fact the officers were stupid enough to do that and I had 0 Power after I went Off Duty and went off Garrys Mod. Feel like you want to complain and cry any more. Feel free to make a fucking Internal Affairs Complaint. Cheerio.