Re-allow users to delete their messages on shoutbox

Reaction score
Description of the idea: For a short amount of time players were allowed to delete their own shoutbox messages until a minute passed. This was removed though with no public reason (well, no reason was given in the first place for the addition but regardless). Was there a specific event that lead to the removal? I don't recall any shoutbox drama recently.

Why should this be added? (pros): You can delete messages you accidentally post without having to ask a staff member.
Can be used for not that funny humour.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Obviously this can be misused, like deleting a message to somehow make a person who replied sound bad or say something mean / racist and remove it in a few seconds for staff to not see (the last one is more likely, since there was a 1 minute limit to it.). I used it frequently at the start for the lols but I don't think the usage of it was hurtful to anyone, afaik at least.

Sam

Reaction score
As everything there are pros and cons to this. Giving normal forum users the ability to remove their own shoutbox messages could lead to users posting inappropriate things for the meme, and then quickly remove it before staff can act. This type of behaviour has been seen before. Unfortunately, when a shoutbox message is deleted, it is DELETED. So until the addon supports the ability to see deleted messages, this is a bad idea.

The only pros about this would be that users can deleted messages they regret sending/sent by mistake. Is there any other pros?

Reaction score
  • Staff
No not really. I agree with the potential abuse of this as stated in the thread.
Just wondering why it was added in the first place if it was to be removed soon afterwards.