Regarding 1.2 (Discrimination)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@JBirksy First off mate, I wasn't talking to you, speak when spoken to.

Secondly, key word 'He' hasn't experienced any issues with it, however I am sure it wouldn't be hard to find people who have been discriminated against whilst playing in the last 4 years, even your own Mod have come out in support of the rule change. Just because F6's aren't made or a post in the forums hasn't been made about it doesn't mean it does not happen, and it took someone with initiative whose not in even in the staff team to bring it up and point it out.

Reaction score
This is what I mean, I need to think through all of these catagories before I generate an insult for someone in an IC argument. Can't even call someone a squeaker or a 12 year old which is classic shit talk in games.

Reaction score
According to this I need to RP as PC as possible, which is not my style. I don't like racism or discrimination yet this is far over the top. It's PERP not some PC University.

Reaction score
@Josef Stalin dw, for all people who misinterpreted my post(s). I don't discriminate, using the n-word is wrong. Hence why all of that stuff isn't allowed OOCly, but if it's just IC and no one feels targeted/reports it. I don't see this as an issue.

Reaction score
Admin meeting will be held as clearly clarification on the rule needs to be had.

Reaction score
@LukeJLFC Not the case at all, I wasnt even directly speaking about the N word, yes I say it in game but thats not even my main issue. My issue is that there are few people over my time here that have had issues like these and they are usually dealt with fairly. If Racism is the problem then ban the use of racist slurs, not every single discriminatory term possible.

Reaction score
I have to say the responses for this thread are both incredible and disgusting, there is definitely people not understanding the actual point of it. There's players of the actual community who are uncomfortable with playing the server because they are having racism thrown at them in-game and then there's other players saying that this should be allowed because they want to roleplay as a racist. I didn't realise people couldn't have fun on a server without throwing slurs around on the server, I never expected PERP to be the server were people would be allowed to call each other the N word etc.

I understand there's sometimes within roleplay were certain words are used towards other players in a roleplay situation such as what @Dom_ and @McGlinchy mentioned; I'll even agree there's been times I've said some words in-game at people that could be classed as discriminative in their eyes, but in my eyes I was simply telling them to fuck off, with an extra word on the end. A good example is when a person rams you off the road and you called them a re***d. I think there definitely needs to be a staff discussion about what kind of discrimination is allowed and what's acceptable to a complete minimum though. Also, as @BigBenji mentioned about how the word "Moron" was also an offensive term to use against the disabled and developmentally impaired but, we have a warehouse on the server "Morons shipping co" - I think people need to understand the thick line of what is discriminative and what isn't.

I have no issue with the wording used on the warehouse and understand the background and meaning of the word on the server.

But I think people are not understand how this thread kicked of with the amount of racism going in-game, multiple situations occurred one day. Whether it was around a streamer or not, there were still certain situations going on. There's also been multiple situations with certain members of the community that are finding it uncomfortable to play the server, whether they have a ethnic background or not, I know a lot of certain people would not be comfortable playing on a server were discrimination is allowed and for newer members they may not find it "welcoming" if they are hearing people straight up discriminate people in-game and use the N word towards other players. There's also the fact that older players may not see any issue because they have no experience with anyone complaining about it as much as other people have recently, which I can sort of agree on, I've been here for a long time not playing everyday as much as others, but I understand that those have been here for a may long time may not see this rule to be some-what adaptable to them because they've been allowed to get away with it.

Then there's the case of songs on TV's or people singing that may include those words, as mentioned there definitely needs to be a guideline put in place about what is allowed to be said and when, etc. But there has already been a lot of threads about other members of the community that aren't comfortable about the racism going on in game and also seeing people saying their friends or orgs aren't being offended, but they're not looking at the whole point of it as a the community as a whole and only seeing one side of it, I think people should just be more careful on what they're saying and let go of this attempt to being a racist in-game and then say it's the internet. That's no excuse.

Overall, I think people need to understand whether this is an online community, roleplaying server or the internet full stop. Racism shouldn't be accepted, in-character or out of. There definitely has to be some staff discussions on what people are going to be banned for saying and what they will not. But overall people should just look at what they are saying and how it could affect CERTAIN members of the community. I know I've definitely waffled on here and probably repeated myself. But I think people should just be more careful. I have to say It's nice see that there's some interesting discussions about this, but I don't agree that people think racism is just accepted here because it's a "roleplaying community". Anyway, cya around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.