Server Suggestion Revert fall damage change

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Revert fall damage change
Suggestion Description: It's a pretty bad change that is quite disliked and I don't think I've heard a single positive thing regarding it or even complaints prior to the change. People have been dying at some questionable heights where it wouldn't even ragdoll them before the change, and it's quite annoying in all honesty. The best thing to do is reverting the change, the ragdoll stuff and whatever else seems fine. Why touch it if there wasn't even a single thing wrong with it? The game already punishes you by crippling your legs, death is excessive and it is a video game, I understand that realism is trying to be achieved here but this is excessive, gameplay wise.

Before the change, you'd instead be crippled in this video: https://streamable.com/baf6v7

Another example is jumping from top of subway stairs all the way down which would only just ragdoll you, this now instead kills you, again showing that it is too much of a excessive and unnecessary change.

Why should this be added?:
- People will be much happier with things reverting to how it always had been for 10 years

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any so come up with something to discuss at least lol

Reaction score
I think it would be better if dexterity got buffed. As before you wouldn't get crippled jumping of Puffer Mart roof or Overpass (for example), but now you just die. So dexterity lost one of its purposes, besides being needed for crafting.

Reaction score
I have not played but I believe this may be unintended behaviour where the fall damage adds up to the initial damage as we know by somehow calculating more damage to your ragdoll when you hit the ground.

Im not sure why concious ragdolls have this feature now to punish you even further, I believe this only adds more trouble than what its worth to punish parkour you should be able to survive, it would be better to only apply this if you take risky jumps that only then you have a worse chance of getting revived if it ends up killing you like any other regular fall did in the past. I'd say keep it for unconscious bodies so you can't slam dunk bodies from Regals 5 and revive them like its no problem.

Reaction score
that video is insane, I agree. In fact I'd argue the change isn't even realistic. The realistic way it used to work as is the way which everyone was good with and was more fun.

Reaction score
Normal fall damage was never changed, nor did they update state it was. What you're experiencing is a bug that I will resolve.