Revive Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Revive Charge, it says it in its name.

Short explanation (in notes):
-Charge $500 for being revive.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): In stead of getting $500 from the city's money the person who is getting revived will be charged from his bank or pocket. This will make the server more realistic and add more RP. Or the original price may go up if the mayor rises the taxes. That will add more reasons to kill the mayor (A Bad Mayor). But the medic will stile only get $500 for a revive. And it will make people be more careful for there lives and not going around starting fights. Because they may not want to waste money. And this will help with careless drivers, and with the crime rate. And Government officials will get revived for free just like they get free gas.

Last edited:

Trande

Well, paying for getting saved sounds retarded to me, but since americans don't want free health care + support.

Honestly, how is that needed? -support

Reaction score
-support

You shouldn't be charged for a quick heal. I sometimes just had a small injury and don't wanna be charged anything for it, i'd rather die than actually spending money on 1 mouse-click of the medic.

Can you imagine that you had a car accident, the medic revives you and is all like: Now give me 200 dollars.

Reaction score
Because, paying someone $500 adds more RP, according to OP.

Could be easily be abused, to be honest with you.Not sure how healthcare is like here, but definetely sure they don't straight ask you for $500 for a heal or a "revive".So, going to go ahead and not support this idea/suggestion at all.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I understand what you're trying to say about the 'realism' side of it, what we must realise is that the map is not set anywhere.. it's Paralake where the laws are absolutley made up. @Xquality did say at some point that if the map was based anywhere, it would be Texas. In Texas (correct me if I'm wrong) health care is not free.

I don't think this would really ehance roleplay, it'd just leave people with an empty pocket after a revival; and to most people $500 isn't a lot and wouldn't effect them or their roleplay experience in any way. Also, what you've got to realise is that money from your paycheck goes towards your taxes, which is used to pay the medics and police who come to your help - You're already paying money to the govermental jobs with taxes, why should you have to pay more?

In my opinion, this shouldn't be added - As much as the idea is pretty nice, we already pay enough money with the taxes and would be an annoyance rather than a improvement.

Deleted member 1235

I get angry enough paying the road crew money to repair my car after its been deliberately damaged. Last thing I want to do is start paying money after being downed from an accident, say caught in gun crossfire or ran over by someone else who drives off/ is being chased by police.

This takes advantage of victims. I don't know how it works for nations without free healthcare (Ty 4 NHS) but I'm pretty sure I don't arrive get put in the back of an ambulance and rather than the medic checking my pulse he's checking to see if I have $500.

-Support, think of the poor sweater vests who drop like flies. They'd be broke in a day. Also unrealistic and a general pain in the backside

Reaction score
-support

I don't see how this is realistic. I don't think a medic would ask someone who almost died, and is now in shock, '500$ please!' Not even the USA does this, I'm pretty sure that getting defib'd on scene doesn't cost anything, we already have the pay-to-heal from the reception desk of the hospital. And also, if people follow 3.4 and 3.6, they are already careful about losing their lives.

Reaction score
This is a rather pointless idea and just a money grab at its worst. Because if something like this were in place, why would the medic receive the money from the player and not the city? Clearly you don't have your own private EMT worker that revives you, so it should contribute to the city not an individual. So this idea has many flaws and overall I see it just punishing newer players. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.