Rule Suggestion (3.5 New Life Rule)

Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 3.5 New Life Rule
Suggestion Description: Add a longer nlr period for cops, Currently during in raids on the server it is extremely hard to raid. There are far to many cops to deal with before you can deal with the defenders inside the house you are raiding. Ill give some examples below.

Yesterday while raiding a projex apartment it appeared to be 12 people inside, This alone is a hard task to deal with due to limitations of bombs and floorbanging/raiding. ontop of this we had to deal with around 15+ cops. By the time you manage to take care of the cops they are already coming back as a unlimited number. Yes I understand cops should be "op" But if a big org like my own cant raid I am almost certain (newplayer) john tim stands no chance at all.

I am open to other suggestions/inputs on this suggestion and I also recall @Efan a while ago poling if 5.3 was going to be changed (flanking your own raid as a crim). I think this is a huge problem and needs to be changed.

Why should this be added?:
- Gives everyone a fighting chance.
- Quality of life
- Make solo raid/raiding in a small group possible.
- Adds more balancing.
- (will add if suggested)

What negatives could this have?:
- Crim have ak.
- Crim have as50
- Cops wont be able to play deathmatch and run in aiming to only kill one before dying.
(willing to add more if suggested)

Reaction score
I’m both for and against this…

Against
  1. The majority of cops have pistols which stacks the odds against the police. For example, I’m based out of the UAE, so I usually play between 5 and 10pm GST (1-6pm GMT) where there aren’t many police on (the average for the last week that I’ve noticed is between 4 and 8) which further increase the odds against the police outside of peak time. This would then prevent the police from attending scenes and stoping them from helping people where there are more than 4/5 attackers because eight police versus that amount of people armed with AR’s stand no chance. Long drawn-out raid would attract an increasing amount of officers IRL because more people would be needed to resolve the issue.
  2. It should be hard to raid people. If you can turn up, kill five police and know you have ten minutes to raid someone, it will make people more inclined to do so which isn’t realistic. There should be a constant fear of police turning up, that way it supports the defender by making the attackers work to a time limit which reinforces the realism because the majority of bank heists etc are planned over a long period of time so that the process is well thought out and the speed is at the quickest.
For
  1. The more police on, the longer the NLR should be. Having 20 police turn up to an incident involving six attackers puts the odds in favour of the police, meaning it is harder to kill them and might draw out a raid for a longer time making it less worth it to do one, putting people off buying weapons etc which then damages the in-game economy.
  2. New players might find it hard to raid.
My opinion
There should be variable NLR for police, the more officers, the more NLR. This equalises the odds for both parties and promotes both sides of the argument while maintaining realism. Gathering more officers IRL would take more time, in a city like London, it would be easier to get five officers to respond to a situation than 20 so it would be more plausible that if five officers were to die, five more would be able to respond quicker than another 20 in one go.

Reaction score
I think a cause of this is possibly Flanking.. It's impossible to know who is a flanker or where they will come from. Rather than fighting a battle on two sides, it's preferable to get in, do a blitzkrieg on the crims and then be ready for flankers. But I agree, this is not how it should be, and cops should value their life more (3.6)
Flankers is a really good tactic for crims to use to gain an advantage but a slight problem with it is if the cops know you. I have had times where i wanted to flank Projex but the only problem is the second i get close all of the cops notice me and know who i am. They associate people who raid alot with flanking its hard to flank if you are getting instantly cuffed. I had one time gotten cuffed at CH park because someone was raiding regals, i was not even associated with the raid nor was i flanking

Reaction score
Flankers is a really good tactic for crims to use to gain an advantage but a slight problem with it is if the cops know you. I have had times where i wanted to flank Projex but the only problem is the second i get close all of the cops notice me and know who i am. They associate people who raid alot with flanking its hard to flank if you are getting instantly cuffed. I had one time gotten cuffed at CH park because someone was raiding regals, i was not even associated with the raid nor was i flanking
I'm not saying anything should change about it. I'm just pointing it out as a potential cause for the blitzkrieg-style tactics used rn. The only way cops are realistically safe is cuffing anyone loitering around. I cuff everyone who holds a phone too, cause they could be relaying messages for all I know

Reaction score
@KeiwaM this is why im arguing that we should try out not returning to the same shootout before we try out increasing NLR timer.

Reaction score
I'm not saying anything should change about it. I'm just pointing it out as a potential cause for the blitzkrieg-style tactics used rn. The only way cops are realistically safe is cuffing anyone loitering around. I cuff everyone who holds a phone too, cause they could be relaying messages for all I know
you are saying "everyone must be handcuff" but in the server when shootout they just run to people who known for their crimes or altest they gp the people who is known for their crimes

Reaction score
you are saying "everyone must be handcuff" but in the server when shootout they just run to people who known for their crimes or altest they gp the people who is known for their crimes
It's a bit funny tbh, caues you think we cuff you because we "recognize you" because you're known for your crime. The reality is, it is so fucking obvious who is involved and who isn't. You change your behavior completely based on if you're involved or not, one of the most common ones is pulling your phone up every now and then. It's so obvious you're typing in org chat. There's other behavior, like sticking around but trying to "act normal"

It's not the point of the suggestion tho, its completely off topic regardless

Reaction score

We have discussed this as part of today's admin meeting and feel the only fair solution is to increase NLR for everybody, so including civilians. We are exploring alternate solutions such as trialling a 10 minute NLR for everybody, which would be reflected through code and rule change but this is not set in stone. I was just being nosey as-well and had a look at your K/D ratio to cops and found this month you were killed by 34 cops but you killed 196 and finished 200 cops off which is quite an imbalance.