Rule Suggestion (Other)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: Other
Suggestion Description: "Cops may not go back to the same situation that they died in before it has been cleared." This rule would be so important as rn if the cops play it smart they cna win every single one of the situations they go to. 2 pistol cops holding down a door so the tfu can wait for NLR and come back with full heavy gear and automatic rifle jsut doesnt seem balanced. I belive that if cops has this right crims should have this too. But i would suggest just adding NLR to cops as it is pretty unbalanced that they can return all the time as long as there is dispatch or 2 cops holding down the door.

Why should this be added?:
- Would make more sence, and balance out a bit more as cops already have fully armored rifle men.
- Could also make fights alot shorter as mentioned in the lates suggestion about this rule.

What negatives could this have?:
- More work for admins to figure out who broke NLR.
- idk if this is a Negative side or positive but as i mentioned above, the stuff would be more balanced doing a big nerf for PD

Reaction score
You're complaining that a constant flow of cops respond when a criminal organization decides to begin taking lives is somehow a bad thing. Furthermore it seems like you're implying it's somehow a tragedy that you miss out on every single drug or gun you could have earned.

This is a serious rp my friend, you don't get to take your sweet time transporting your winnings in a raid. You take what you can get and leave before more cops come, not try to twist the rules so you get to have more stuff.
It is a bad thing, you already pay a high price when trying to raid and if you wipe the PD you should have a fair amount of time to retrieve your winnings. This honestly sounds like it's spoken from someone that hasn't played crim in a serious org lol

Reaction score
It is a bad thing, you already pay a high price when trying to raid and if you wipe the PD you should have a fair amount of time to retrieve your winnings.
that may be how you feel but clearly people disagree. You get your time after you kill cops, there is NLR but it's fine-tuned in a way that makes the majority happy. Your argument is based on personal feelings that align with a view of which is belonging to a minority. Therefore the change simply won't happen due to your satisfaction being statistically insignificant so I'm sorry you feel that way.

This honestly sounds like it's spoken from someone that hasn't played crim in a serious org lol
im the guy who was told i took crim org stuff too seriously when i used to play. your clear use of an ad hominem is an admission of defeat.

Reaction score
disagree BUT there should be a 5-10 minute extra grace period after NLR where cops can't return to a situation they died at - if crim players have an hour timer, there should be at least something

a lot of the time there's no real way to get into a bigger base in the time where cops can die, respawn, wait their nlr, and come back - it just makes raiding big bases near impossible at times because it's constant waves of police with no delay when you have to tactically push instead of just rushing in

Reaction score
the amount of cop mains thatve -1d it already is fucking hilarious, but yeah nah just cope

Reaction score
what's the point commenting for this suggestion anymore.

there are 15 downvotes you're not winning this especially with weak arguments based on nothing but illogical statements like "you're all not crim mains so you won't understand!" or "many ppl suggested what i suggest so it must be needed and right!" or "constant police is unfair i want to collect all my drugs and guns!"

Reaction score
what's the point commenting for this suggestion anymore.

there are 15 downvotes you're not winning this
appeal to authority via common opinion is cringe, being the popular choice doesnt mean being the right choice

dont agree with the main post and dont necessarily disagree but this is an easy way to devalue your argument

Reaction score
appeal to authority via common opinion is cringe, being the popular choice doesnt mean being the right choice
you're deflecting by literally accusing me of the wrong logical fallacy. Attempting to claim I am bandwagoning is a better argument but whatev.
dont agree with the main post and dont necessarily disagree but this is an easy way to devalue your argument
Still I say to you what I said to drajj, this is a matter which is decided by the majority's happiness. This is how suggestions like this work as long as they're within reasonable lines that are appropriate in regards to rules then they are decided by a majority vote which is the whole point of keeping the server alive and the gamemode fun for most people.

If you're unhappy with devs and staff doing what makes most ppl happy and people agreeing with them on it while a small minority which is you along with 2 other guys so far whom hate that reality then it's an uncomfortable truth you just need to cope with.

Reaction score
you're deflecting by literally accusing me of the wrong logical fallacy. Attempting to claim I am bandwagoning is a better argument but whatev.
not at all, no reason to claim so, i'm just stating what i see - a bandwagoning claim would be an attack on character as opposed to the method of argument and just wasn't necessary at all

Still I say to you what I said to drajj, this is a matter which is decided by the majority's happiness. This is how suggestions like this work as long as they're within reasonable lines that are appropriate in regards to rules then they are decided by a majority vote which is the whole point of keeping the server alive and the gamemode fun for most people.
half of the time the majority population don't actually know what they want until its in practice - multiple times things have been voted for by a majority population of the community which have been directly harmful to the server or the community, in this case i don't agree with the original post as it goes to an absolute extreme but i think changes should be made

If you're unhappy with devs and staff doing what makes most ppl happy and people agreeing with them on it while a small minority which is you along with 2 other guys so far whom hate that reality then it's an uncomfortable truth you just need to cope with.

yeah i'm not agreeing with the actual post as i said, my point is entirely separate and you've seen it so why assume it to be one & the same with this thread, i'm sure the community would be far less critical of the middle ground i'd like to reach because it has genuine merit

Reaction score
opera_bt8WrUJLQ5.png

appeal to authority is not the appropriate claim. an example of appeal to authority is if i legit just agreed cause staff said it's so when that's not the case. Neither is it the case cause most ppl say it's so it's because your whole side uses anecdotes and biases as "evidence" rather than providing actual proof to why any change needs to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.