Sean's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Steam name: Sean

In-game name: Steven Maas

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:97899420

Are you active on the Teamspeak: Yes, I am on pretty much everyday.

Introduction
Hello, my name is Sean and I am 16 years old. Some of you may know me as Steven Maas in-game since I admit I have been known to be a cop a lot of the time in the past which people would have probably learnt my in-game name from.

I first joined Perp in 2016 where I just joined the server randomly purely to minge around but also to find out why this server was so popular even though it was basically in a gamemode by itself. After I joined, I pretty much received a ban immediately for minging and then a week later I came back and did it again. But after this I learned that this server was actually pretty good and well developed so I decided to stay and play. After this I played regularly and became quite active on the server in which I joined the PLPD and completed my Stage 3 to become a Senior Officer which I found so amusing that a server had actually made a realistic Police Department as it can be on Gmod. After this I realised there was a lot more within the server if you played the criminal side of things and you got a lot more experience if you played on both sides so I decided to start playing criminal and that's when I became to enjoy the server as much as I do today. Since then I believe I have become a well balanced player of the community because although I am known for sitting as cop, for the past 2 months I have sort of driven away from that and have balanced my time between cop and criminal but I mostly play criminal now and craft for people. So if you haven't seen me, that’s because I spend a lot of my time hanging around at Bazzar or basing somewhere.

My personal skills and qualities

I believe I have a unique set of skills compared to other people which I have developed throughout my life and I also have a few key qualities which could help me as an enforcer. Firstly, I believe I am quite communicative in-game and I do try to make myself known to other people by talking to them which helps me also understand other people and why they have carried out certain actions which they may regret. I am also quite dedicated and hard-working when it comes to certain tasks since I have been brought up to make sure I try my best at everything and do something that I enjoy so that I am able to show a good level of dedication to a goal which would obviously be completing my Enforcer duties if I was to be accepted. Next, I am quite calm and chill with everyone and I don’t really care if I die in-game or if someone is being horrible to me unless it is directly affecting my experience which normally I just ignore it. Lastly, I believe I have a unique leadership set of skills and qualities since I am currently studying a course at college which has a unit where we learn all the skills and qualities that a leader needs and we are tasked with developing them skills and qualities throughout the duration of the course which I believe has helped me a lot recently and has made me become a lot more mature.

Why do you want to be an enforcer

I want to become an Enforcer for many different reasons which I will state below.

Firstly, I would like to become Enforcer because since I started playing Perp 2016, I have really enjoyed all of the experiences I have had along the way and have just found this to be my favourite server on Garry's Mod due to the unique community that Perp has and how custom it is compared to other servers. This has made me want to become an Enforcer because although I really do still enjoy all of these experiences, I want to experience new things and become Enforcer so I can make my time on Perp even more enjoyable but also to have a unique set of experiences to keep me amused.

Secondly, I would like to become an Enforcer because I would generally like to give back to the community which I have played on for such a long period of time. I have taken into account throughout my time on Perp how much effort the staff team put into the server and how much hard work the development team put into the server so I would now like to help everyone out by putting my efforts into keeping Perp a good and healthy environment for everyone who plays it and to also assist the staff team in completing their general duties.

Thirdly, I would like to help the players within the community and make sure that they are having good experiences within Perp just like I do by dealing with people who spoil the server for everyone else. Therefore, I would like to make sure everyone is having a good time on the server just like I do and making sure that everyone is abiding by the rules so that we can all enjoy eachothers company without any clashes or arguments. In addition, I would like to use my powers if I were to get accepted to assist new players in getting into the actual gamemode since a lot of new people join and don’t receive that much help so they will therefore leave and not come back.

Lastly, I would like to become an Enforcer just generally because I have enjoyed staffing on other servers and from my experience it is just a new role that you voluntarily take so that you can make the most of the server you are playing on and help out the server. With this being said I would like to become an Enforcer so I can see a different view of the server and experience what it is like to be a staff member on Perpheads.

Do you have anything else to say: Thank you for taking the time to read my application and although I am not the most known person in the community I can assure you I am very active and have been around for quite a long time so I do have a good amount of experience with Perp.

My administrative record

I am not going to lie, I don't have the cleanest record compared to other people's but I believe I have kept it clean for a long period of time to show that I have become more mature and I am ready to become Enforcer.

Warnings:
Warnings.PNG
Both my warning were for me doing stupid things which I regret and take full responsibility for. One of them was for punching an Officer as a medic for no reason as I was just trying to joke around with a friend which I know was a mistake. The other one was for assuming someone was getting a gun out of their trunk to shoot me so I shot them which was a mistake as I had based it on an assumption without any actual proof so therefore I got warned.

Bans:
Bans.PNG

Although my record isn't the cleanest I believe I have matured a lot since then with my last ban being in 2017 for which I am very sorry for my minging back then. I was just a bit in-mature and I didn't really care about the rules but since then I have matured a lot and understand that my actions negatively affected others so I am sorry for that. Now the two bans I think stand out the most would probably be the two perma bans which were silly mistakes. The first perma-ban in April was originally 3 months for RDM'ing a person in the back of my shop in which it got extended to perma for ban evading, the second one was my ban reason was basically changed to Paypal Scamming since when I got banned I got banned on the same day as I bought VIP so I decided to chargeback my money which I admit was stupid.

Requirements
  1. Your time played on the server must be at least one week. Yes.
  2. No warnings within the last month or bans within the last month, this includes both the forums and the server. Yes.
  3. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. Yes.
  4. You must have access to and use a microphone. Yes.
  5. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server. Yes.

Reaction score
Let's not base this app on the fact that this person is a cop main. Just a piece of advice going forward.

Great application
Very active in-game, TS, and chats.
Pretty good record.
Eager to get involved in more and more things.

+Support

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
Okay thanks for the feedback although I don't really play cop anymore and I legit play criminal all the time. In addition, I craft a lot while not AFK because I assist in running a crafting business so if you approach me I would be glad to talk to you.

Reaction score
Whilst I agree a cop-main would lack serious skills and experience to be Enforcer, I don't agree that Maas is a cop main. I've hardly seen you play PD, though it may be because I don't play it very much myself. When we spoke earlier you seemed polite, calm and collected and I could tell you are experienced in the server. You're a great, approachable guy and I believe you'd make a good Enforcer with some mentoring. Maybe participate more in raids and such to prove to everyone you're not a cop main.

+Support however. Good luck!

Reaction score
  • Staff
I described it in the application but one of them was for ban evading a 3 month ban but then I was re-banned for perma since they found out I had also paypal scammed during my ban by charging back on VIP. It was pretty stupid of me which I now regret.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Okay thanks for the feedback. You do realise the majority of active players hold a rank within the PLPD and I craft in my shop to run a crafting business which I also raid and base when I am not crafting. Additionally, I doubt this post has the potential to burn your eyes but okay I am sorry you didn't like how it was laid out.

Reaction score
i'd like to remind all of you complaining about so called "cop-mains" that you get cop mains like Jordan who were senior administrators and probably one of the best staff member. Cop main is not an excuse to disagree with a staff application.

Status
Not open for further replies.