shadowplay turns off after i turn it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
everytime i attempt to turn on shadowplay it will automatically turn off after about 5 seconds.

i have tried literally everything you can google and none of it works.

- Reinstalling
- Ending in task manager
- Giving priority in task manager
- Turning on record desktop (off didnt work either)
- Switching application to fullscreen windowed or whatever
- Much more stuff I found on google that didnt work

please help me, sometimes even helpers need help

Solution
make sure there's a path assigned to when you save recordings

JfC3mYS.png
Reaction score
I know you already said you have enough space but when you have multiple disks even I find myself forgetting sometimes where things save. Double check through the GeForce overlay that your files are saved on a disk with more than enough space. (5gb or more)
If the disk/ssd containing your OS is basically full, then you should change the temporary files location to a different drive.
1NMHxlm.png

Make sure to check how big the average file size of your recordings will be.
S73AT9F.png

Reducing bitrate might help with file size, but most people report problems with audio below 15-20 mbps bitrate.

If that doesn't work, then when re-installing, did you make sure to clear out any remaining files before re-installing?
If not, then try re-installing again.

- Uninstall GeForce Experience
- Open 'task manager' > details tab > End any process that starts with "Nvidia"
- Go to your /users/AppData folder, then search in all three folders for any NVIDIA or NVIDIA CORPORATION folders Right click each folder > send to zip to backup just in case
- Delete each folder. If one of them won't delete, you can probably ignore it and continue to the next step anyway.
- Restart PC
- Reinstall GeForce Experience

I personally end up just formatting my entire PC if a major problem like this persists on my PC. It 99% of cases fixes it in the long run.
Yes, it's a massive pain in the ass to format, and you might have stuff you want to back up but sometimes these types of problems just can't be fixed considering 8 years ago this was also an issue and Nvidia just hasn't bothered fixing it.

Reaction score
I know you already said you have enough space but when you have multiple disks even I find myself forgetting sometimes where things save. Double check through the GeForce overlay that your files are saved on a disk with more than enough space. (5gb or more)
If the disk/ssd containing your OS is basically full, then you should change the temporary files location to a different drive.
1NMHxlm.png

Make sure to check how big the average file size of your recordings will be.
S73AT9F.png

Reducing bitrate might help with file size, but most people report problems with audio below 15-20 mbps bitrate.

If that doesn't work, then when re-installing, did you make sure to clear out any remaining files before re-installing?
If not, then try re-installing again.

- Uninstall GeForce Experience
- Open 'task manager' > details tab > End any process that starts with "Nvidia"
- Go to your /users/AppData folder, then search in all three folders for any NVIDIA or NVIDIA CORPORATION folders Right click each folder > send to zip to backup just in case
- Delete each folder. If one of them won't delete, you can probably ignore it and continue to the next step anyway.
- Restart PC
- Reinstall GeForce Experience

I personally end up just formatting my entire PC if a major problem like this persists on my PC. It 99% of cases fixes it in the long run.
Yes, it's a massive pain in the ass to format, and you might have stuff you want to back up but sometimes these types of problems just can't be fixed considering 8 years ago this was also an issue and Nvidia just hasn't bothered fixing it.
Already done all this, didnt work. I cant format my entire PC at this moment

make sure there's a path assigned to when you save recordings

JfC3mYS.png
I've also tried putting it on a different drive, without success.

e3p9RcX.png

faceit anti cheat normally does it
imagine playing csgo

Reaction score
Just because nobody has mentioned this and it can seriously fuck everything up.
Drivers? with ddu
This is exactly what I did to temporarily fix it, I have done it again and it is again fixed but I'll keep you updated how long this will be a 'fix'.

I don't have high hopes.

Reaction score
If enable allow Desktop Sharing, my shadowplay will only record on my 4k monitor if I'm playing fullscreen. It ends every time I enter "desktop mode".

To solve this I have to change the privacy settings.
Shadowplay > Settings > Privacy Control > Toggle Desktop Capture

1153dada6a.png

Change it to this:

907da91876.png

Then I can record. I don't really understand why it works this way, but this is how I solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.