• Start date

Should CM have been a community vote?

• Yes

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 6228

After talking to @Samuel he doesn't seem to believe that the community would have liked to vote for their representative.
I believe that a good majority of the community would have liked to vote for a candidate, the argument was that no one else applied (don't worry, hot beans coming to a spill location near you soon!)
So here feel free to vote and discuss.

Reaction score
I was personally expecting a vote hosted so the players of the community can vote on who to represent them. Or atleast that was said in Ayjays goodbye post. I really don't know why they didn't go with it.

Deleted member 1235

Even if we reached the same decision with Dom becoming CM. I think it's quite odd to claim to want transparency in the community then not at least allow others to apply or show us their application process.

Reaction score
I personally don't believe the selection process should have been within the staff team, as there are also candidates out there which are capable.

However, when you look at smaller things like the community awards where people have tried rigging them, I just don't see it working with a community manager vote personally when you have large groups of people backing their friend rather than what's best for the community.

Deleted member 6228

Which is why I suggested they let people put their name forwards, then only allow people they could trust on the vote.
Doesn't matter how it would have gotten rigged someone half decent could have been voted on

Sam

Reaction score
Excuse me but what? I’ve been a big supporter of a community vote. I said in the admin meeting that was held when ayjay resigned, that a community vote should be done. And during this whole process I have stayed on the same track. Just because I don’t try to call Tiny out on the forums, does not mean I don’t want a community vote... What would make you think I didn’t want a vote or that I took the decision?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I certainly agree that people should of been able to put their names forward. I'm a little unsure about the latter, what are you saying with this?

Deleted member 6228

@GringoHead At first staff would have to take a demotion to be able to run for it, when it was changed so staff rank and CM combined, we didn't get allowed to run.

Reaction score
To be honest, within a community like perp you've got to understand someone to hold a role like community manager has to be a very careful decision. While yes I do entirely agree community manager should be a vote I understand why Tiny would make a decision like he has. I mean think of how the community would have reacted if you could've voted for, Dom, (insert bad mingey candidates here) and a bad candidate was picked. Then you'd all be crying saying "but tiny should've excluded their names". Well thats essentially whats been done, no? I'm assuming Dom was the only good candidate. In the future maybe another vote should be held. But in the current state of the community I think this decision makes sense.

Reaction score
I think if they didn't say anything about the community being involved in the first place, none of this would have happened.
They advertised the role to be picked by the community only to change their mind at the last second which only made them look bad.

Personally I believe that @Dom_ is a good decision regardless of the way he was chosen (even though I currently believe the role is kinda useless). Can't we just settle on that?

Deleted member 6228

This isn't anything against Dom, but how the situation was handled overall.

Reaction score
I know and I also understand your disappointment on the whole situation due to the fact that you wanted a chance on the role.
Looking at it from my perspective though, I believe all of this is unnecessary.

Deleted member 6228

@Lelios1 Don't worry, more juice is coming soon, I'm not just mad I didn't get a chance to even run!