Should CM have been a community vote?

• Yes

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

Sam

Reaction score
I find it rather disrespectful to try to call me out for something I had nothing todo with, and even assuming my position without asking... I did not see any need for me to advertise my position, and just because I’m silent, does not mean I’m against the vote....

Reaction score
People who applied - All of which does not meet the requirements. Also important to note that Inch originally applied but withdrew it as originally we did not want staff to hold the role. This was later changed due to a lack of applicants.
  • Mage - Banned
  • Askasta - Not active at all
  • Palohdi - Recent warning/ban
  • Speedy - Recent warning
TinySlayer, also openly asked in Slack what the staff team thought about the role. Here he also outlines that staff members can hold the role.

As for a direct reply to you @Inchs, you were directly asked by TinySlayer in slack if you thought you could hold the role, which you never gave a proper reply to, even though he had written staff could now hold the role. So please, don't come here and say you did not get the opportunity.

While I originally agreed with a vote, and think that would of been the best way to go about it I just don't see how that would of been possible with the applicants that we got, seeing as no one met the application criteria.

Deleted member 6228

And then they didn't let me reapply when staff could, besides, the staff voted majority against the role existing?
In reply to him 'asking' me if I could hold the role, I didn't respond to it as he spent his time mocking me thinking I couldn't hold the role regardless which is why I didn't answer.

Reaction score
@Dom_ is alright for the job and active enough to even hold it, but I also agree it should of been a community voted role regardless of any other thing.

not having fit candidates is the staff teams opinion but they haven’t shown us all the candidates that applied so what would he find suitable for our needs as a community?

the rest of you need to realise that some people just don’t give a fuck too but hey

-Update- @Madda told us about the applicants and did something for once instead of playing war thunder.

Deleted member 6228

This was from when staff was not allowed to apply without taking demotions

Sam

Reaction score
@Eviction Notice I never said I didn’t think the community wanted to vote, even Tiny would probably agree with that the community wanted to vote...

Also, it says “he doesn’t seem to believe”. Not really a quote from me rather a statement by @Inchs of what he thought I was thinking.

Sam

Reaction score
@Eviction Notice You did it again, read what I wrote!

“even Tiny would probably agree with that the community wanted to vote”. I never said he wanted a vote, I said he would probably agree what the community WANTED a vote.

Sam

Reaction score
@Eviction Notice I won’t comment on his decisions or reasoning for said decision. And I won’t assume why he took said decision, as I don’t have all the facts.

I would ask you to read twice and fact check before you accuse someone of something, thanks!

Reaction score
Let me begin by saying I have not a shadow of doubt in @Dom_ 's ability to be a community manager, and I am at my firm belief that in an election for community manager, Dom would have won by at least a marginal amount of votes.

People were promised an election and got upset when they didn't get one. Circumstantially I couldn't give less of a shit who got community manager unless it was someone like [REDACTED] but I understand their frustrations on not getting a say in the matter.

Also what @stock image of a duck said. They could have thrown this election entirely if a meme candidate managed to slip through the application process, resulting in serious repercussions for the community.

Overall, This could have gone miles worse. Sure it didn't happen how it was supposed to happen initially but what can you do?