• Start date

Should CM have been a community vote?

• Yes

Votes: 48 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 5920

Samuel had minimal say in it?????????????????

This is exactly what I mean in my earlier post.

Reaction score
I mean the truth is, you put a vote, people will find something to complain about. You don't put a vote, and you have people complaining like now. I think given the nature of this community and their love for complaining about literally anthing, we can never be happy. And honestly, Dom would probably win a vote anyway and do a much better job than anyone probably could.

#notoxic

Deleted member 5920

@Samuel where I said the community can't be trusted to think for them-self and will just jump on a hate bandwagon.

• Winner
Reactions: Sam
Reaction score
How I view it is simple, Dom is a highly respected member of the community and if he ran for CM with a vote, I would have probably voted him anyways.

I fail to understand why people are saying this has been a bad decision when he hasn't even been CM for a week... Why can't we just give it a shot and if it doesn't go well, we decide if we actually have to have a community chosen CM. Staff members see the server in a perspective most players will never see and this is also why I believe a Staff member should always hold the rank, unlike a player that doesn't see issues the way Staff members see them.

Voting on random Community members would not have been a good choice anyways as it will probably be the most biased vote ever. Friends will vote for friends and we will get a CM that was chosen because he has many friends, not because he would be a good CM.

I completely understand the Community is dissapointed that they didn't get to vote for a CM but I also feel like this is getting used as an excuse to hate on the server even more. The server obviously has some problems right now and the Staff team are trying their best to solve this, the day after Dom was chosen to be CM, we received messages from Dom mentioning the next administrative steps to make the server a better place. I 100% believe Dom will be a great CM and the Community should give this a chance before they grab their torches and pitchforks.

Reaction score
The issue is the idea itself, not the outcome we got at this time. Sure, I have no doubt Dom would be a fine community manager, however you can't scoot around the issue by saying "let it go."

Reaction score
We tried the idea, and it didn't end well. Like Madda said, 4 people ran and all 4 were not suitable for the role. I literally see no one else other than a few current Admins that suit this role, and Dom was chosen.

Deleted member 1235

Oh I thought we were here to shit on Dom :( I had the rope and nipple clamps ready

Deleted member 6228

@Ethan I only mentioned Samuel because he told me to make a poll if I believe the community 'actually' wanted a vote

Deleted member 6228

Nobody is saying that Dom is bad and shouldn't have gotten it, but it should have been better organised and done as people wanted it to be done

Reaction score
My initial thought is that there should have been a community vote, but considering the choices were between a bunch of braindead mingelords and Dom, it's pretty clear what the outcome would have been.

What should have happened is that all of the information regarding the vote being considered unnecessary should have been made public in the annoucement thread, the community shouldn't have to make angry forum threads to find out the truth.

Hopefully with @Dom_ in his new role these miscommunications that cause all this forum REEEing will become far less common.

Reaction score
Can't have a toxic community if you shoot the opposition on the first stone they throw.