[SOLVED] Broken Key Bindings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When I joined the server the other day, I was unable to use ALT (to sprint) or X (for my mic). I have tried rejoining and all that jazz, but nothing seems to work. I'm not very intelligent when it comes to stuff, so I was hoping maybe some people could give me suggestions on how to fix it.

Cheers.

EDIT: Its just the mic key binding that is broken now, the sprint key was fix (thanks panda)

ANOTHER EDIT: The mic key is not working on other games either, such as CS GO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rebind your sprint/walk key to ALT in the keyboard options. You can also bind +walk to ALT so you will sprint (or jog, not sure which one it was again) so you will sprint whenever you press or hold +walk. However, once pressed and you release ALT you should be perma jogging or sprinting, just type -walk into the console. I am pretty sure that you can do this with alias' and stuff but I have no idea how to do so or just too lazy to make it myself. sorry.
Code:
bind ALT +walk

(These next steps should be very similar on the default skin of Steam)
As for your mic, right click on Steam and go to Settings
73be4ff8be.jpg

As soon as you're on this window click on Voice on the left and see if your Recording (audio input) device is actually using your microphone. Either press on Detect audio devices or press on Change device... and select your microphone manually.
ab1c326486.png

Reaction score
Go to the settings in gmod -> voice -> check if the microphone sound is on, if it isnt on, turn it on by dragging the volume control right.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448234261,1448110560][/DOUBLEPOST]Is your keyboard broken?

Reaction score
Go to garrysmod->cfg and delete all config files (unfortunately all your settings will be gone) and verify game cache, done.

I believe this will solve this situation with %80 percent chance.
(Dont forget to take a backup of cfg file, just in case if doesnt work.)

Reaction score
Because none of the ideas here actually worked, I took it upon myself to fix it....

I basically just got a new head set, plugged it in and it worked again, genius right?

Can be closed! Thank you to those who tried :)

Status
Not open for further replies.