21-02-2015 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Another update I put together, which took up most of my week tbh, but I'm sure they'll be appreciated. I may take next week a little bit more relaxed as I've not had much time to do anything but course work and develop, so need a few days off. I'll probably just do more vehicle updates if I do anything, which although won't change most people's time on the server it's still necessary to do so I can predictably do anything further with vehicles down the road (no pun intended). Obviously any huge game breaking flaws and bugs I'll fix up regardless of this. Anyways you've heard enough about me, onto the important part... What's this update about?

New
  • Shop signs! I'll admit I got the idea of what prop to use from another server, but I have coded it and made it work all with my own ability, not copied from somewhere. When you go to purchase any property that would be deemed a shop, mostly bazaar and row of stores along next to it, a window will appear asking you to give a store name and description. Obviously you should make these names and descriptions realistic and not mingey. The signs are not an item which you can purchase by itself as I saw little reason for that, instead you'll notice one hanging down from somewhere in each shop all the time, but only with information after purchase. You'll notice for now the business hours listed are 00:00 - 23:59 because we don't have any system for specific business hours yet by law, however this may come into play more when the NPC shops close at night, for now just a placeholder.
  • Tickets and handcuffs now roughly have a model which you can see in the officer's hand. This isn't perfect but it is good enough to me because we don't have proper models to use for those. (Don't mind the text on the ticket, it's from HL2)
  • Leaving either an organization or job from the city hall NPC will now take confirmation before doing so. Thank you to @Creepis for this suggestion and those who added onto it
  • Mayor can only reduce police slots to 4 at any time. Thank you to @John Daymon for this suggestion
  • Running/sprinting adjusts your mouse sensitivity some, this may seem a bit strange, but it should help reduce people from doing very quick turns while sprinting. Obviously there are ways around this but I think more good than harm will come of it
  • Movement in water is now much more restricted and slowed down as it should be
  • Jumping when cuffed/broken legs no longer does that weird action where it seems to jump but doesn't go up
Fixes
  • Sergeant and lieutenant no longer keep their own weapons/items upon joining.
  • Handbrake corrected to turn on when exiting with space (no idea why this broke exactly)
  • Mayor limo can spawn again, no clue why it became an issue in the first place, but now spawns alongside the sidewalk next to city hall. Thanks to @Tanges for reporting this
  • Some vehicle exit points corrected to hopefully not get stuck in vehicle upon exiting.
  • Hicktown trailer #4 now has storage chest
  • Flashbang grenades have a shorter timer before detonation for now
  • Test drive vehicles displaying different price than actual cost
  • Test drive vehicles show speedometer and indicators like a normal vehicle
  • Potential fix for taxi bug where someone would be unable to enter (seemingly at random). Please report this again if it continues.
  • First paint job should be free like it was intended to be!
Changes
  • Handcuffs now play a sort of clicking sound to improve their sounds when used successfully. (May not be the best sound, but it's HL2 content so no worries of it being missing for some players)
  • Fists now do a more random amount of damage so it's not simply who punched first anymore. (I probably will adjust this more at some other time to take strength into account)

In addition to all this we have also updated some rules and added a law to this list. Please review and familiarize yourself with these changes/additions. Even if you do not play regularly as police, it is advised you know the laws of Paralake City so you can properly cite your rights. As for the rules, we expect every member of the community to be aware of them as we do not tolerate ignorance as a defense.

Rule 4.14 Evidence Seizure
Rule 5.2 Forced Withdrawals

Law 2.6 Offensive Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.