[SOLVED] Ethernet issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, as of today my ethernet is fucking around. It worked aprox. 3-4 hours ago and now I get a message saying "unidentified network, no network access". Would be nice if any of you guys could help me out with this.

P.S. currently on my phone, sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes

Reaction score
Faulty ethernet cable or port maybe? try a new cable first. I'd also recommend to do the Windows Network Diagnostics, just right click on it on your taskbar and it'll come up, it helped me several times. If all hope fails you could also always buy a WiFi card or USB.

Reaction score
Oh, I had this error, right, is your Ethernet plugging into a router, or a mains adapter?

If you're using a mains adapter, what you need to do is re synch them together by pressing the WPS button on both, the adapter, and the router. However, when I had this issue with my router plug in, I changed the cables, didn't work, tried different ports, didn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, didn't work, for me I had to fully restore my PC to make it work again.

Reaction score
Try plugging the ethernet cable into a different LAN port on your router. I had mine in WAC (cuz am stupid xd) so I moved it over to a LAN port and everything seems to work, this is what I have when I'm connected.
a4055d41e3b4d2870ae11282d4211510.png

Reaction score
Problem is, it worked for over a year now, just stopped working a few hours ago.
Also, it seems I dont have a standardgateway in place and cant set a new one up.

Reaction score
Try this

1. On desktop open run box by windows + R

2. In the little "run" box type cmd which should bring up command prompt

3. Type in command prompt "ipconfig"

4. A big list of connections will show up in a list, find something to do with "LAN Adapter"

5. In that section find default gateway and there should be a number which should start with "192.169....." dependant on type of gateway

6. Take note of the number and open browser and type that number in the address box and that should bring up your internet settings on router if your broadband is working fine

7. Find your pc on the connections list but if not there then it's your pic

Note:

If default gateway number starts with "169.168...." then your router is not working correctly with broadband, might need to get new Ethernet adapters

Just some stuff I know from working with printers etc, might help you, might not just try incase

Reaction score
Try this

1. On desktop open run box by windows + R

2. In the little "run" box type cmd which should bring up command prompt

3. Type in command prompt "ipconfig"

4. A big list of connections will show up in a list, find something to do with "LAN Adapter"

5. In that section find default gateway and there should be a number which should start with "192.169....." dependant on type of gateway

6. Take note of the number and open browser and type that number in the address box and that should bring up your internet settings on router if your broadband is working fine

7. Find your pc on the connections list but if not there then it's your pic

Note:

If default gateway number starts with "169.168...." then your router is not working correctly with broadband, might need to get new Ethernet adapters

Just some stuff I know from working with printers etc, might help you, might not just try incase
Default gateway is blank, no idea what I am supposed to do to set one up.

Reaction score
I reckon that is may be due to signal strength as a weak signal can sometimes identify the SSID of router i.e. name ID but is too weak to join and there the "No network access" can happen. If not then you may check on another PC in the house on the same wifi and see if the router has blacklisted you from joining it.

Reaction score
I reckon that is may be due to signal strength as a weak signal can sometimes identify the SSID of router i.e. name ID but is too weak to join and there the "No network access" can happen. If not then you may check on another PC in the house on the same wifi and see if the router has blacklisted you from joining it.
My dads laptop and all smartphones are using the wifi without any problem.

Reaction score
I would suggest going through your internet settings on your computer and changing your iPv4 to a static IP that way you never have any issues and make your default gateway 8.8.8.8 and the alternate gateway 8.8.4.4 (This is a pretty basic and fully functioning one and if you'd like to do more research into it, you can). Id also suggest going into your router settings (assuming you're using ethernet from your router) if from your modem, just do the same. To get to your router settings, go to command, type in ipconfig, find your iPv4 address (i believe, not 100% sure, if not, try other ip address's that come up) and enter that into your browser. From there you can try to identify some problems or find any error codes that you can then google and what not. This is just some pretty basic info and help or whatever I thought i'd drop in just in case you haven't tried any of it yet. Regardless, hope it gets fixed!

Reaction score
I would suggest going through your internet settings on your computer and changing your iPv4 to a static IP that way you never have any issues and make your default gateway 8.8.8.8 and the alternate gateway 8.8.4.4 (This is a pretty basic and fully functioning one and if you'd like to do more research into it, you can). Id also suggest going into your router settings (assuming you're using ethernet from your router) if from your modem, just do the same. To get to your router settings, go to command, type in ipconfig, find your iPv4 address (i believe, not 100% sure, if not, try other ip address's that come up) and enter that into your browser. From there you can try to identify some problems or find any error codes that you can then google and what not. This is just some pretty basic info and help or whatever I thought i'd drop in just in case you haven't tried any of it yet. Regardless, hope it gets fixed!
My problem is, it does not give me any default gateway, therefore I cant change it to a static ip. (doesnt show one in cmd >ipconfig /all either)

Reaction score
Try updating the drivers on you're PC first then if it still doesn't work after that login to your router just type '192.162.0.1' (Most people) into your web browser then enter the user name and password - If you're with sky I believe its Username: admin Password: sky then goto 'maintenance' and see if you can update your router from there.

Reaction score
Try updating the drivers on you're PC first then if it still doesn't work after that login to your router just type '192.162.0.1' (Most people) into your web browser then enter the user name and password - If you're with sky I believe its Username: admin Password: sky then goto 'maintenance' and see if you can update your router from there.
Drivers are up to date and I cant access my router any way.

Reaction score
Try - Control Panel / Network Connections / Either the Local Area Connection Properties or the Wireless Connection Properties, whichever is giving you the trouble / TCP /IP Properties, and make sure that IP address and DNS are set to "automatically obtain" Also click the Advanced button and make sure that nothing is explicitly entered for Default Gateway, nor anything on the DNS tab.

OR

Go to device manager / Network Adapters. there will be wireless adapter / goto its advanced properties / property 802.11 bandwith - change its value to "auto" instead of any other value

Status
Not open for further replies.