The new 1.2 rule. Lets talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It wasn't a direct attack, it was very obviously a joke aimed at someone in particular who knows its a joke, it also doesnt use any words that could be construed as discrimatory.

Also, saying offense is taken, not given, is just weird.

Reaction score
@CensoredExe what i'm saying is there will always be a group who feel marginalized when you use any type of word to express dislike towards anything.

if he had called it stupid, then people who feel inadequate about their abilities in school will feel marginalized, for example

but imagine how ridiculous it would be to censor people over the word stupid, that's a one way ticket to losing the trust of a good chunk of your playerbase because you want to coddle everyone and make sure they all feel comfortable on the server, but there will always be people who feel uncomfortable no matter what, you cannot change that.

im not saying its okay to be homophobic, and im not saying racism is okay either, when it comes to real life threats towards marginalized groups or when the harassment goes above and beyond in-game to the point where they cannot escape it and it massively affects their gameplay, then sure, im on the same boat as you.

but at the end of the day i think the simpler and easier solution is to help people understand that they cannot hide from negative things in life, racists will be racists regardless of anything and the same applies to anyone else who discriminates people based on something they cannot control, you cannot change that, what you can change however is your mindset towards their irrational hatred towards you, accept it for what it is but don't let it affect you at all, this is coming from someone who is a minority living in western europe where 90% of people are predominantly white and has had multiple run-ins with people who took a massive poopy on me because of my ethnicity

tl;dr: if you're part of a marginalized group and cannot figure out the difference between someone using a word in a non-malicious attempt towards you and someone actually using the word in a malicious attempt towards you then you have bigger problems than a player in-game calling a rule "gay"

Reaction score
I'll be locking this thread, seeing as there are a lot of unnecessary replies here. We do however know that there are certain inconsistencies in how ooc chat is enforced, so we will be looking into the situation.

To be clear again, we do not mind the main purpose of this thread, but the amount of unnecessary replies to this thread is just too much,

Reaction score
Just for context, that was a discussion about how police never “wallbang” in reality and that there should be a policy or rule about wall banging as it’s not realistic. There was zero intent for any racial implications, the point being that Police do and will shoot through walls within shootouts in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.