thehomelessdude's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: thehomelessdude

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:73279587

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

Introduction:

I have been a part of the community since the summer of 2016. I found the server through a friend that never really played, but recommended it to me and ever since then I never stopped playing. My current playtime is 6 months, I am also very active within the community on the forums and in-game where I have made a lot of friendships and I believe that the next step for me is to become a part of the staff team and help out with the enforcement of the rules.

Addressing the my record and how I have improved:
Something that I would like to address at the beginning of my application is my record (bans and warnings). Over the years I have racked a hefty amount of bans, which is not something to be proud of. I used to be a rulebreaker of the kind that really did not care. Keeping this fact in mind I believe that after my permanent ban I have drastically changed my methods and the way I interact and approach players in the community which I think many people have noticed and I honestly appreciate that. I have started to follow the rules on the server and on the forums as well. I have been in contact with members and staff members of the community in order to ensure that I can take every measure possible before taking this step and have received useful feedback from them. I also try my best to help new and old players with whatever I can. Furthermore I have started caring more about the community, an example of that is the time me, @Tinky and @Kenty decided to host an event that @Efan was very supportive of and helped us out a lot with it.

https://perpheads.com/threads/poker-competition-sponsored-by-mensa.44955/
I also have tried to improve the roleplay experience in general by suggesting additions/game mechanics that would nerf an overpowered aspect on the server, which have been accepted and already implemented.
https://perpheads.com/threads/reduc...make-car-and-gun-prices-higher-or-both.45436/
https://perpheads.com/threads/remov...rugs-while-you-have-a-gun-in-your-hand.45462/

Previous Experience as staff and roleplay experience in the community:
Although throughout the years I have mostly played as a criminal, I also have experience in the PD and I am aware of the rules and laws and know what both perspectives look like which in my opinion is a very important aspect when it comes to enforcing the rules on a serious roleplay server. As Garry's Mod is one of the main games that I play, I have been part of other communities. Although the experience is different that what the one on PERP will be I believe that it is important to mention the fact that I was an admin in a famous DarkRP community which further proves that I can take the role of enforcer. I will list a set of qualities and skills that I have that I personally believe are very important for this role:

-I see myself as a person who can keep his cool and calmness is heated situations

-I am friendly and try to keep it that way, even if the person in front of me refuses to be
-I believe that I am an unbiased person that is able to treat everyone the same way
-I am easily approachable
-I have a positive and overall optimistic mindset

-I know when and how to stay professional
-I have the motivation to improve

I will also include recommendations that I have received:
https://perpheads.com/threads/homeless.44657/
https://perpheads.com/threads/thehomelessdude.44738/
https://perpheads.com/threads/thehomelessdude.36362/
Although not many, I still see them as important and something that shows an improvement in me.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

All in all I believe that I have been in the community long enough and have enough roleplay experience, rule and law knowledge to be able to enforce the rules to a high standard and be a part of the staff team. I am aware that I am not perfect and I will be more than happy to receive any kind of constructive criticism from anyone, so feel free to express what you feel and I will try my best to improve it or if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following three requirements:
Your time played on the server must be at least one week. YES
No recent in-game bans and warnings on record, this includes both the forums and the server. YES
You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them. YES

You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server. YES (Although I am mostly on Discord I try to join the TS)

Last edited:
Reaction score
yea ok +10000000 this guy makes decent events, good attitude, good stuff, helpful in chat I believe he has what it takes to become an enforcer

Reaction score
I have been constantly interacting with thehomelessdude on and off the server and he has shown MASSIVE improvements in his behaviour towards other players. He has displayed impressive rule knowledge that is required in order to become an enforcer. I believe that he's a great candidate because he's also very active on the server as well as forums.

Reaction score
-Support but a weak one
you personally have been incredibly toxic to me and others
telling me to shut the fuck up in ooc and generally acting pretty toxic and there have been times were you have insulted me in shoutbox looc ooc etcra but
ive notice a improvement but you have to be less toxic sometimes

Last edited:
Reaction score
I honestly can not recall saying any of those things that you just mentioned as I have tried to generally avoid talking trash in OOC/LOOC. Im sorry that you feel that way though

Reaction score
i understand you are trying to improve though and so i will change it

Reaction score
@Auris dont need to do it, its criticism after all, leave it as it is, if you mean the support then go ahead i dont mind :)

Max

Reaction score
+support

nice guy, good knowledge of the rules, clearly cares about the wellbeing of the server, I think he definitely deserves a chance

Reaction score
+Support,

Homeless is a very helpful guy overall, has good knowledge about them rules, he always tries to help new players out, and he's also active, which all leads for a Perfect Enforcer and even more. Goodluck.

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Not ironic. It is the complete and honest truth about him, as far as I have encountered. I am not saying I am better, nor am I applying for staff.

I am putting my opinion out there, no need to comment for you. Let the homeless dude comment if he disagrees.

We've had fair amounts of fights, which is how I feel about him and some of his friends. He has never shown himself from this other side he says that he has in his application.

Reaction score
Hi, i thought i'd just leave a message here letting you know that you've been banned for 1 month and then played for less than like 2 hours and was banned again. You obviously havent seen the change in homelessdude's behaviour and are speaking from previous experience.

Reaction score
+support homeless is more than reformed, been seen him basing and teaching new players on multiple occasions and is overall just a nice and friendly guy. Give the man a chance!

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@Tinky I am fully aware, and I understand that you will stand up and protect your friend.

From the people I have had contact with on the server while I was offshore, they all seem to agree with what I have written here, hence why I do believe he is not fit for the role, nor do I ever think he will be, as I do believe he will be a very biased member of the staff team.

But who knows? Maybe he can change.

I and Bojing hated each other, but he changed himself and is actually a good guy. Maybe the homeless dude can be? However, I am not so sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had I not known you wanted to apply, I would have been incredibly surprised by this. Nonetheless, you're a genuinely intelligent person with a clear understanding of the server and its rules, despite your old tendency to muck around. I honestly do think you would be worth a shot and would love to see how you handle the role, however, I could also understand this application being put on pending or even denied so that they can ensure you are a suitable candidate and I'm sure you understand this too.

The only feedback I can offer, and have offered, is remain professional, stay respectful, don't muck around, etc etc. You know the gist!

Good luck.

Reaction score
@FARSTAD Maybe if you play on the server for a bit without getting banned you'll be able to see that people and certainly homelessdude can change their behaviour and act differently than before. People mature

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@Tinky I play when I can. Maybe thehomelessdude should speak for himself, I quite frankly do not believe a word coming from you, as you certainly have not changed.

Anyways, thanks for the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.