Tom Hill's attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fl00wxKAG207qOCFgiHbXkCB6XVQXigucUDxuYFSjFwn7aAHSYE5McmcrHp0YXV3w-LQwa0cwI6hIDSxb8af_e0fgzS9VFB03QEImCfVTDmkmdusrlF4XzXCJkJx8RfnxbwNtcY

STEAM NAME: tomhillm8

IN-GAME NAME: Tom Hill

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:35126079

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:

First of all, I would like to point out that I have a fair amount of warnings and bans placed on my record. Most of these are very dated, and although some are more recent than others, I have recently tried hard to changed my ways upon reflection. Current staff members such as my good friends @Bean Can and @GraveDinosaur have managed to repair their old reputations and become excellent members of the staff team.

My last application I posted before I ultimately met my ultimate downfall was met with overwhelmingly positive ratings, and I’m very sorry for disappointing those by getting myself banned while I had my application open and the aftermath of the event. This time I’m determined to not get myself banned and to become a prime candidate for this month’s enforcer.

e5a8eb6efc542f6815d5ae7fb3721307.png

Anyways, enough about that.

FmTrM74yv38A9Cdy3uw2j8oxz-3mEntxtxRRSHeU8KdrcZ0LN7reXDNpVlbBXu-ToamX7IwKlcJNnWWZfeA0kFr5R3C8whUajZpnVeLlp94yad6gY0mERvK16QNDdJUqDMWbbTI

Hello there, my name is Tom Hill. I live in Poole in Dorset; home to the world’s second largest natural harbour and the first scouting camp. With great pleasure, I’d like to announce that I have no VAC bans on record (hacking is for losers) and I have 2719 hours on Garry’s Mod as of 05/08/2016. I am extremely active on all platforms of the community, including the forums, teamspeak and in-game. I am on all platforms daily. Some might think that my In-Character persona causes problems, but this was also a stereotype which was defied by another good friend (and successful staff member) @FedorableTheSequel.

oDOK1KEP91cCwhhWHtJX7s57UfDye-EYOiKBgda-H7EOf5E6hYNFkZWc242ost2a-g_ud0wK9acb82qgvlzxfY8al5nynlcazG0VrCf4JWJPN_xdMv6vA7Z7ixZdG2cz-snA58g

I feel that I have most certainly improved from my past in terms of attitude towards the server and I have an excellent knowledge of the rules now.

I also consider myself to be an excellent roleplayer, here are some examples:

• Restaurant manager at McHill’s - a restaurant chain designed by JustFedorable based on McDonalds along with @Chris and @Sgt.James.

• Judge at Murtsley’s law firm, another good example of quality passive roleplay in the community.

• Recent promotion to Sergeant and Officer of the Month award within the PLPD, which demonstrates my ability to follow the rules, handle people, and my understanding of the laws - several key qualities that a staff member should have.

• Just over a year ago I was involved in the successful BBC News roleplay as a presenter.

• Recent trial member of Internal Affairs within the PLPD.
  • Upcoming community held event.
  • Newly appointed position as Police Training Officer within the PLPD.
  • Helping new players.
    780c04e449ec876eda6121c44518efbc.png

@GraveDinosaur recently allowed me to shadow and handle a couple of reports under the supervision of himself and several other staff members, and I received positive feedback on these. Furthermore, a recent recommendation received a majority of positive feedback, which shows how others have seen me change for the better:

https://perpheads.com/threads/tom-hill.17844/

I frequently submit reports on the server, and when necessary I post an action request:

https://perpheads.com/threads/ar-against-joel-cat.17819/

https://perpheads.com/threads/ar-against-mraaron.17818/

https://perpheads.com/threads/ar-against-chapladeen.20175/

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes, I am active on teamspeak. Infact, I’m on teamspeak daily and I regularly interact with other users in the teamspeak channels.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY: I would like to point out to say that if Bean Can, or Grave Dinosaur (both with a high amount of bans and warnings) are able to repair their reputation above all adversity, and become rightfully trusted with staff positions, there is no reason why I cannot either. Other than that, I’d like to thank you personally for reading my enforcer application and wish myself luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be fair, some people see Tom as a minge and somebody who doesn't care about other's reactions to his actions, yet: Tom is actually quite a nice person; he is actually fun to converse with and is knowledgeable of the rules to a fairly good standard. Sometimes he cannot maintain a mature attitude as such how he used to pick on certain community members but now he's become more even in giving out his insults, he doesn't single people out anymore, he just has banter with them. Overall, he could make an alright enforcer, that I would confidently let deal with my situations, as he has mended his reputation and it is much better now. Would pretty surely +support him.

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see why you couldn't become enforcer. Youre a very active member (and a funny one) on the forums. You were here for a long time, have a great ammount of people who look up to you and who admire you.

You do have quite some bans and warns in record but I and most of the community believe that you make excellent enforcer material. This is why I am +Supporting this enforcer application.

Reaction score
Despite starting a coup on my TeamSpeak channel and taking the piss out of me generally I reckon you would make an alright enforcer, you have shown non-mingeyness lately and I was impressed with the mini cooper rally you are doing.

Reaction score
You are one of the crucially needed people in this community, seeing you as enforcer wouldn't be half bad considering you are on the smarter side of this community, and no one talks enough about how much you've improved throughout the time, and to be honest a player that has improved shows more potential than a player that already acts good, because unlike you that has improved the good player has more chances of a breakdown ehm :murtsley: ehm

Definite +support.

Reaction score
To be honest Tom you are by far the best candidate looking at all the ppl. that applied for it during this period. You have always been a true and banterous friend to me, but even if I wouldn't have known you as close as I do, I'd still say that you improved a lot during the past months. So, make Perpheads great again lil Tom and make Uncle Cole proud will ya.
thumbs-up-matt-leblanc.gif

M

Reaction score
Out of all of the current candidates, I genuinely believe that Tom should be the foremost choice.

Over the past few years, in particular the past few months, he has always committed to the community. Often, in the past, he has landed himself in trouble; of late, he has changed his ways.

Unequivocally, Tom can handle the task at hand: previously, admins have authorised him to shadow and eventually handle reports under supervision - mostly under mine. Throughout, he demonstrated a professional attitude with great competence in problem solving. Few candidates have been trusted by the administration to perform this task, and his exceptional performance within it has allowed him to develop a sound understanding of the way that we do things - he worked beyond the expectations of his entrustment.

Furthermore, Tom is a consistently active user of the forum - contributing to administrative sections where appropriate, and generally, marking his presence in the community. Tom mingles on the TeamSpeak and has good interpersonal skills, and meets all other requirements for the role.

A bullet list of some other supporting information which I can certify in this application:
  • Aided in organising two of my large community events (both CS:GO tournaments).
  • Is organising a community event of his own accord.
  • Has been involved in provisioning unique roleplay settings such as: McHills, BBC News, Law Firm.
  • Exponential improvement in his performance in the PD over the past few months, supported by fast re-instatement as a police supervisor (which he previously held in the old system prior to resignation), and entrustment in other roles such as PTA.

Reaction score
When I was a mod in 2013, I was always on the lookout for candidates for enforcers. Tom, in my opinion, is one of the best candidates this good world has ever had.

*good person
  • Knows rules
  • Has a good personality
  • has improved his RP style and rule knowledge
  • +support
  • the people who disagreed with you were not ex staff members like me so don't take their opinion into consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhAv2d6cxym90iCaKaPK3g

Reaction score
I think a lot of people view Tom as the joker of the community, who would do anything for a bit of a gag, which I understand, but I think a lot of people fail to realize that its part of his character (both irl and ig). I don't think Tom can completely change the way he is, nor should he. His jokes are a part of his personality, it is what makes him so likeable.

You've shown a lot of talent, and a lot of skill. You've tried your best to prove you'd be a good Enforcer, which is admirable.

I think Tom deserves a shot. If the Can of Beans can do it, so can Tom Hill. (No offense Matt).

Status
Not open for further replies.