Trunk Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: being able to stack things in your trunk

Short explanation (in notes):
- That you can stack things like burgers and bobby pins.
- Bigger items would take up more space
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I think this should be added because the current trunk system is dumb.A Barrett is the same space as a bobby pin.I drive a PT Cruiser and for some reason the current trunk system bugs me a lot.In the current trunk system seem to unrealistic.Currently i can have a my AK-47,Barrett 50,M4A1,SR-25 and MP5A4.Which i can see how that can kinda work except for everyone can see that i have 200k worth of weapons in my trunk.Yet i cant hold 6 bobby pins in my trunk for a PT Cruiser.I see how this can be a low priority case.But it feels to me very unrealistic.

SORRY,THIS MAY BE LONG BUT I WANTED TO INCLUDE A GOOD EXAMPLE.

Reaction score
+support things like bobby pin and burger is small and you can carry more than 1 burger in your trunk.

Reaction score
+Support. The current trunk limit is way too much and should be adjusted in a way that would make sense. You wont be able to fit an 50. CAL in a mini cooper, right?

Reaction score
+support.
- This would make it more realistic, however there wouldn't be enough space for a lot of weapons, which should be limited aswell.

Reaction score
The car functions very similar to that of you as a player. There is not much reason that I can see why you would need to stack differently than that. You can put 15 food items in your trunk if you wish all stacked if the same item. So stacks aren't impossible and I don't see what the problem is.

The one flaw with trunks is the fact it seems Fredy made all trunks have a carry weight of 50. I can tell you that each car had its own max defined so why Fredy changed to this I do not know, but it will be changed at some point. Some less, some more, roughly depends on the cargo space of the vehicle in question.

As for stacking items, you already can of the same kind, so I don't know if I fully understand why you need a stack of like 20 AKs in one car. As guns are fairly light and any car would carry quite a lot based on its carry weight if there was no restriction on amount per slot like there is now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1423977032,1423974896][/DOUBLEPOST]@Niko Obviously I understand one bobby pin is not the same size as say a fridge, however you can put 6 bobby pins in that one slot. And by "a change" really doesn't help me because I don't know what exactly it is that you want then because our inventory works as specific slots so each item takes up its own, no way to have it use more than one.

Additionally this would mean if we were to take size into consideration some, that would mean changing information in every single item, which would take hours and probably result in problems and obvious errors. Because, for example, a cinder block is not necessarily big, but it is rather heavy you wouldn't be able to store many. And how you could make a simple GUI to display all this, which no other needs to, it seems excessive and rather unneeded to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.