Understanding why the players are complaining - Discussion.

Ayjay

Reaction score
From next month, SMT (Momo, Madda and Smily) will be subject to the same activity requirements as all other roles.
If they are inactive, they will have to justify this as command do currently.

It's only fair that they are also required to be on duty, and we agree that their role will benefit from this.

Reaction score
It's me, and I've only been assigned the position 2 days ago. Also, I don't think some people get the fact that some of us have a life, which comes with commitments. I can't speak for everyone, but I've got a hobby which consumes a lot of time (Red Cross), friends and my Abitur (sorta like A-levels) coming up, which means I can't play 24/7 like many others.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, that at least for my section, we have a system implemented where the officers can actually REQUEST a supervised patrol so we can judge whether they are ready for a promotion or not. If they're not making use of this system then I can't help it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
u only need to be on for like 30 minutes a day if something like that is going on

Reaction score
From next month, SMT (Momo, Madda and Smily) will be subject to the same activity requirements as all other roles.
If they are inactive, they will have to justify this as command do currently.

It's only fair that they are also required to be on duty, and we agree that their role will benefit from this.
Thanks for a quick response, this is one of the keys to success in a community.

If they do have exams and such what is your response to this, should they be left with their ranks or will they be asked to step down from their positions?

Reaction score
Hi,
Inactive due to school. Any section member is still able to contact me and plan patrols if they feel like it. If they don't take the opportunity so be it.

''Extremely active''
No, I don't want to be forced to play on a server if I don't feel like playing at the time. 6 hours a month is considered active which is okayish.

rat

Reaction score
Looking at old IA stuff with @Mage made me realise how splitting the server up so much withthe developments of plpd ruined a lot of fun for me

Reaction score
To answer this I’m still around if anyone needs me but later this month I’ve been focusing on school work

Reaction score
In january I've connected a total of at least 20-30 times, and logged about 20 hours total as both civ and cop, what's so difficult? I have school as well, 7.5 hours a day excluding lunch at school, I get up at 6 in the morning for an hour trip to school, then I wait an hour more to go home because my bus doesn't leave until then, then I get home, on my PC if nothing else important is up, and I do my shit. So I'm going to ask again, what's the difficulty? Though one thing that makes it easier for myself is no homework.
If you clearly have the spare time, why aren't you spending the few hours of one of the MANY DAYS IN A MONTH to connect? If you literally cannot be bothered, you aren't needed here, because clearly you're not sufficiently committed.

Ayjay

Reaction score
It's no secret that development isn't as plentiful as it once was, but we're working on it - @Fredy is on holiday from university for a while soon which will allow him to develop a bunch for a couple months or so (maybe org stuff?), @Bolli has been tasked with annoying him to ensure this happens.

@TinySlayer is spending the weekends working on a rather big update, which I'm pretty sure will be well received by everyone (ETA a couple weeks maybe?) - Following this, @TinySlayer will also be working on the light armour for TFU (something I'm looking forward to, as I'm sure all you are too).

Further PD updates are in the pipeline, along with the new handbook release, updated policies, a new intranet, focus on command activity, sections reworking, structural changes and of course the TFU changes everyone is waiting for.

Reaction score
the thing is that everyone likes to complain, moan, and just be a right baby on every situation they come across, for example the other month (when I was active lol) I didn't hand a situation where to an extent where another player (not going to name them) wanted it to be handled, no rules or laws were broken but they decided they wanted to cry because it wasn't handled in the way they wanted it to be. How can you new comers in this community to enjoy themselves when people in fact are constantly moaning in a way which new people do not feel comfortable with in this community. If this is then brought up to the on the forums or in LOOC they will just pull out the "Its in Character" card. I do not think the server is unbalanced or there is anything wrong, I believe its the toxic members themselves which is making the community inconsistent.

Probably going to get kids crying at me for this now lmao.

Ayjay

Reaction score
If they can justify activity for the months they will be inactive, then they will be allowed to remain in the role (the same applies to everyone).
If they have been granted an LOA from People Services, a replacement must be found for the time they will be inactive.

If consistent inactivity remains, they will be removed from their position - An inactive supervisor can't supervise effectively.

Reaction score
Also, I don't think some people get the fact that some of us have a life, which comes with commitments. I can't speak for everyone, but I've got a hobby which consumes a lot of time (Red Cross), friends and my Abitur (sorta like A-levels) coming up, which means I can't play 24/7 like many others.
Listen, I do understand that people have lives. But if you cannot put time into the server, then you shouldn't hold the rank. I respect you and the fact that you have other things to do, but if you can't be active, don't hold the rank. I don't understand why people use this as an excuse. You are held to the same standard as everyone else.

Reaction score
It's nice to see there are at least some plans, because so far I've been doubting if anything is going to be happening in regards to the server and its updates, I honestly don't mind if they're just bug fixes, it shows you haven't outright given up because source is being an ass.

Reaction score
It's no secret that development isn't as plentiful as it once was, but we're working on it - @Fredy is on holiday from university for a while soon which will allow him to develop a bunch for a couple months or so (maybe org stuff?), @Bolli has been tasked with annoying him to ensure this happens.

@TinySlayer is spending the weekends working on a rather big update, which I'm pretty sure will be well received by everyone (ETA a couple weeks maybe?) - Following this, @TinySlayer will also be working on the light armour for TFU (something I'm looking forward to, as I'm sure all you are too).

Further PD updates are in the pipeline, along with the new handbook release, updated policies, a new intranet, focus on command activity, sections reworking, structural changes and of course the TFU changes everyone is waiting for.
Looks good tbh

Reaction score
Listen, I do understand that people have lives. But if you cannot put time into the server, then you shouldn't hold the rank. I respect you and the fact that you have other things to do, but if you can't be active, don't hold the rank. I don't understand why people use this as an excuse. You are held to the same standard as everyone else.
Exactly, as much as people complain on staff members for being inactive, same thing should be on the PD you should be forced to be active to maintain a rank like this. If you don't have time; fair enough, but don't sit and complain about you not having time.