Server Suggestion Vehicle Repairing Improvement

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Vehicle Repairing Improvement
Suggestion Description: All wrenches should be replaced with a compact repair kit item bought from Roadcrew.

Whatever cool downs which currently exist will remain only for the first would-be wrench. This means once you crash, you wait the minutes until you would've been able to wrench the car the first time. However instead now you simply use your handy dandy repair kit and wait. The loading bar will be shorter or longer depending on your repair skill to simulate the amount of wrenches you'd need.

Every time a repair kit is purchased, the roadcrew are rewarded 250$ whilst on duty to compensate half of what they would have received if they were there to physically repair the crashed vehicle.

This will avoid the tedious left clicking and flooding of your screen as well as your console whilst making it much more of a cleaner process for all users.

Why should this be added?:
- Quality of Life
- Cleaner for your console and screen
- Preserves immersion
- Cleaner
- Inventory management
- Rewarding to Roadcrew
-Seems easy to implement

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any?

Reaction score

Bad suggestion here matey, making roadcrew even more redundant, the wrenches are fine, the time you spend waiting is also fine.

Edit: Two boggy suggestions in a row, Jesus.
I forgot to mention each wrench is an entity. This can be helpful to reduce lag at 128 players because it lessens the number of entities. If you crash you still wait minutes for roadcrew so it doesn't make them any less redundant all it does is replace the existing system and fixes the console / screen flooding as well as helps reduce lag.

Reaction score
I forgot to mention each wrench is an entity. This can be helpful to reduce lag at 128 players because it lessens the number of entities. If you crash you still wait minutes for roadcrew so it doesn't make them any less redundant all it does is replace the existing system and fixes the console / screen flooding as well as helps reduce lag.
Wrenches will still need to be in the game for crafting items such as crowbars

Reaction score

So compacting the wrenches? Like a storage device which has charges? So you can use the box but it uses a charge and insert wrenches to charge it? I don't think I fully get this idea to be honest with you mate

Reaction score
So compacting the wrenches? Like a storage device which has charges? So you can use the box but it uses a charge and insert wrenches to charge it? I don't think I fully get this idea to be honest with you mate
I'll do my best to help you get what I'm trying to suggest. The idea has nothing to do with charges, instead the repair kit is a one use item that takes the same time wrenches would've taken but instead it is simply one item without the left click spamming, the lag wrenches bring, the screen and console flooding.
Wrenches will still need to be in the game for crafting items such as crowbars
good point but that doesn't mean my point doesn't stand. People will not need / carry the wrenches to repair anymore so it will massively reduce the amount in circulation down to only being used for crafting crowbars.