Model Suggestion Vehicle Underglow

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Vehicle Underglow
Suggestion Description: I believe this has only been recommended once, and that was in 2013 when Fredy’s response was “a tuning shop will probably be a ways away”. Well, now we have that, but I was wondering if Underglow was still out of the picture at all. Would this hamper CPU usage significantly? We already have two dynamic lights on cop cars (headlights and lightbar), which is why I assume adding another one to civ cars probably wouldn’t hurt.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, ideally make them toggleable with the same button as police lights, and also possibly make them illegal (infraction)?

Why should this be added?:
- Extra customization option (especially for JDM fans where Underglow is a staple)

What negatives could this have?:
- Server/Client performance, also not entirely sure if just spawning and attaching a light to a car is an easy or possible feat.

Last edited:

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
People so negative about new stuff because their PC's are shit.
We can't stop adding features to the server just because someones poor and doesn't invest in a GAMING-PC to play the server. Stop playing on your ideapad 110 and invest.

On another note, I support this as this will let us customize our cars and make us stand out, and will help when creating car shows. We just need this, and being able to make single changes on our cars other than a full body kit.

Reaction score
We can't stop adding features to the server just because someones poor and doesn't invest in a GAMING-PC to play the server. Stop playing on your ideapad 110 and invest.

On another note, I support this as this will let us customize our cars and make us stand out, and will help when creating car shows. We just need this, and being able to make single changes on our cars other than a full body kit.
Doesn't matter how good your PC is, you can't avoid the fact that we are struggling to run this game on any new CPU on a 15 year old engine. Fredy just found a fix for the FPS issues and I don't really want more dynamic lights added, if you could somehow do this another way around without fucking your performance I'd be all for it if this is what people want.

Also underglow looks ugly IMO so I'm neutral for this.

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
adding shit like that will just turn the server into a DarkRp server...
How? People have underglow in real life?

Black Label Lighting BLL-UGK Underglow Kit | Fitment Industries

Reaction score

Agreed, but in another (currently open) thread one of the devs explained that making individual changes to bodygroups and saving them takes a lot of time to organize since the actual body groups themselves aren’t standardized, so presets are the compromise.
adding shit like that will just turn the server into a DarkRp server...
dawg what

Reaction score

My computer's fine, but I like playing the game with people, and some of those people don't have the best computers. Adding things like this does nothing for the playerbase, it doesn't add fun, it doesn't add things to do, it's another money sink that'll push people away

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
My computer's fine, but I like playing the game with people, and some of those people don't have the best computers. Adding things like this does nothing for the playerbase, it doesn't add fun, it doesn't add things to do, it's another money sink that'll push people away
There could always be a option to turn it off, like with many other things. Put it in the F1 tab.

At this time we need something new for the civilians, and not just updates on the governmental jobs, as per right now, only thing to do is create a shop or do drugs/shoot cops.

There might be plenty of car people who would maybe use some of the recent changes to passively roleplay more, of we had some more features.

Reaction score

underglow’s fun wym
Doesn't matter how good your PC is, you can't avoid the fact that we are struggling to run this game on any new CPU on a 15 year old engine. Fredy just found a fix for the FPS issues and I don't really want more dynamic lights added, if you could somehow do this another way around without fucking your performance I'd be all for it if this is what people want.

Also underglow looks ugly IMO so I'm neutral for this.
and AGAIN, cops have two dynamic lights per car, is making civ cars have the same amount really going to hit performance that hard? I’m not sure which is why I’ve been posing it as a question, but I don’t think it would be a huge difference

Reaction score
underglow’s fun wym

and AGAIN, cops have two dynamic lights per car, is making civ cars have the same amount really going to hit performance that hard? I’m not sure which is why I’ve been posing it as a question, but I don’t think it would be a huge difference
At least I can shot up cop cars to disable their lights in shootouts where it matters, can't do that to random civilian cars now can I

Kay

Reaction score
Agreed, but in another (currently open) thread one of the devs explained that making individual changes to bodygroups and saving them takes a lot of time to organize since the actual body groups themselves aren’t standardized, so presets are the compromise.

dawg what
If this gets added, they may aswell just add a weed swep aswell.

Reaction score
At least I can shot up cop cars to disable their lights in shootouts where it matters, can't do that to random civilian cars now can I
I don’t see how that’s relevant at all, if the cop car is causing you performance issues you’re not just going to randomly shoot it, and if you mean it’s literally blinding you in the gunfight - Underglow is on the ground and doesn’t light up much of anything other than the ground.

In fact now that I think of it, the light doesn’t even need to cast shadows, and that’s the heavy lifting your computer does when calculating lights.

That being said - sure, why not disable civ car lights when they’re at low HP? Why not make Underglow illegal in general (like it is in many places IRL) to add passiverp and make them more of an icon for “rebellious” street racers?

Kay

Reaction score
How? People have underglow in real life?

Black Label Lighting BLL-UGK Underglow Kit | Fitment Industries
I'm all for adding new customization for cars but if this was to be added, everyone will be rolling around with underglow and will make the server look like the everyday Dark Rp one. I just personally don't agree with ideas like this and also vape pens and all that shit to be added. Just keep the server the same and just continue with the large updates as it is now.

Reaction score
I'm all for adding new customization for cars but if this was to be added, everyone will be rolling around with underglow and will make the server look like the everyday Dark Rp one. I just personally don't agree with ideas like this and also vape pens and all that shit to be added. Just keep the server the same and just continue with the large updates as it is now.
Who ever said anything about vape pens? And what is the correlation between Underglow and “everyday darkrp” servers?

Reaction score
Completely agree with @Kay and everyone else in saying that it would just make the server look like a generic fully customizable TDM Cars Darkrp server.

Also, @FARSTAD, yes....people have underglows on their cars in real life, but it's not common whatsoever + this isn't tokyo drift or the cars movie where everyone's driving kitted vehicles with neon underglows and ugly cosmetic modifications.

ff286955fc55189504b3fbb369f06fc243e3226b.gifv

Reaction score

Ah yes, because everyone in this community can afford to invest into a decent machine for an age old game and highly modified game mode, with the current rise in prices in computers and parts alongside taxes. what a wonderful idea!

Serious note about this suggestion;
Although this does sound nice to begin with by being allowed more customisation options for vehicles etc, is it really worth the time and effort whilst new updates are being worked on and planned that are somewhat major?

At the very least, if this is even added, an option in the F1 menu to edit the view distance and/or turn them off/on would be much needed.