WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR IN 2019 (uk)

Who are you voting for

• Conservative

• Labour

• Other irrelevant party

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 4084

Labour has provided how they will fund it numerous times; increase in corporation tax (can't remember but it'll be 24% or 26%) which is still one of the lowest out there, ensure companies like Google are paying these taxes. As many troops will be withdrawn from Syria (for now, to say the least) there will be fewer troops in deployment, meaning a surge in spare funding which can be moved around.

The Conservatives will further reduce the corporation tax (meaning less money from where we get most of our money anyway), removal of the Mansion Tax and if I remember correctly they will be lowering the amount of income tax on those in the top percentages.

My one concern is how you believe they can afford such changes; keep in mind - leaving the EU without a good enough deal that secures jobs will take a toll on the economy and considering we don't export much we'll be faced with many difficulties. There are many factors which make the Conservatives manifesto for raising money very unreliable and unrealistic; whilst they do hold some of the lowest funding compared to Labour and Lib Dems.

I'm not saying that Labour's plan is perfect, but you must consider the other factors such as the uncertainty with Brexit; 'taking back control' of our money is a false saying - we very simply reinvest into the country, think about the Erasmus+ schemes and how the European Union helps fund many Educational resources in so many universities. We could lead the reform of the European Union, however, we need to do that from the inside. In addition to that, Boris' party is the one that took all the money out of the NHS in the first place, that £250m they say we pay the EU is simply just not going back into the NHS, they took money out what makes you think they'll put money back in?

In regards to the second referendum, there'd be a deal presented to the public, parliament and the European Union which ensures we still have access to the single-trade market and security of jobs; the public will be able to read the full deal before the second referendum and thus make an informed decision on where they want this country to go; instead of being 'tired' with Brexit, this could have one of the biggest economical tolls' this country will see.

Like I've said before, make an informed decision like we should be able to do - research absolutely everything, don't go in their blind and not understanding what you're voting for. If you still wish Conservatives are the right party that appeals to you, feel free to vote. It is your right and you can vote for whoever, just ensure you know all the facts beforehand.

Deleted member 4084

@Jay_ No, a Brexit Deal will be presented within the first 6 months of office and the country will be able to make an informed decision unlike when we voted out 3 years ago. Instead, this time we'll vote with the information on how we will leave.

Reaction score
@Harris But why would someone who is pro Eu bother to negotiate a good deal? I'd rather it be in the hands of someone who actually wants brexit done.

Reaction score
reading this thread

Farage-572228.jpg

Deleted member 4084

@Jay_ Because then it's you v 50% of the country. It doesn't work, if you want a deal presented and the ability to know where this country is going rather than voting out, without a prior deal you're going to get really fucked. Not many people understood Brexit and the complications, legalities etc.

Whether they're against the European Union or not, a good leader is someone who will represent a deal to the country. To the ~60 million people. Boris wants out, Jo wants to stay. But Corbyn, no matter the controversy surrounding him wants to present a new deal which does secure jobs, economy and single-trade market whilst also ensuring we're able to make our own decisions surrounding laws, immigration and whether we (and the EU) is okay with free-movement. By doing so, as I've stated before, it allows each individual voting to have a say on where we want this country to go, especially in regards to Brexit.