Your Career Aspirations!

Reaction score
I want to be a fighter pilot for the USAF when I'm older. Current mainstream jobs such as things like computer/software engineering don't really appeal to me since you're just sedentary most of the time. The thought of living a desk job for my adult life is extremely unappealing. I want to do something I'm going to enjoy. You get paid around $35-50k a year, which isn't a lot to be honest but I could care less about what I'm getting paid unless it's poverty level.

I want the exhilarating feeling of flying at supersonic speed, high in the sky with a beautiful view of the horizon, and also blow shit up. I can't think of any job cooler and more enjoyable than this one.

The one thing I'm worried about is my vision, which is shit. The USAF now accepts you if you have had eye surgery, (I plan on getting PRK), but I don't know if I have any underlying medical issues that may stop me, the standards you have to meet medically are very strict.

1542071207022.png

Reaction score
Probably a Biological Technician, since I love biology and chemistry. And I'd rather not work as something where I would risk my life.

Reaction score
I feel for you man, my vision is awful too. I have to wear glasses whenever I'm awake pretty much, and if I was to get eye surgery, it would cost me upwards of £4,000 PER EYE due to the shape of my cornea or something idk.