Acerius Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Acerius (IC: Acer Wolf/Acer Joseph)

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:83316799

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:
Who am I?
My name is Acerius, also known as Acer Wolf and previously Acer Joseph. I am a 22-year-old guy from the United Kingdom who has been a member of the community since 2013.

I first became a staff member for a short while back in January 2014 with my longest run being from July 2021 to July 2022, where I was a Senior Moderator for around 6 months. I was successful in becoming the Chief of Department for the PLPD in October 2021, a role I held for around 8 months.

Outside of the PLPD and playing other jobs, I have regularly played as a civilian where I owned Bazaar shops. I have been in many different organisations such as: The Belinsky Family; OfficeGang; Poseidon Inc; IDF; and the UOA, where I am now trying to start my own criminal empire.

Why did I resign earlier this year?
I resigned first from my staff position in July of this year and then subsequently my Chief of Department role for a number of reasons. I won’t go into detail on all of them, however the 3 main reasons were:
  • I had some significant changes in circumstances in my personal life that needed my full attention for transition; and
  • I was feeling immensely burnt out from not only both of my positions but also from the game in-general, as playing began to feel more like a chore than a pastime; and
  • A continued build-up of concerns left me feeling so aggrieved that I felt I had no choice other than to resign.
Resigning was an immensely difficult choice that I spent a lot of time thinking about before doing so. While re-applying now would appear to the contrary, I do not regret resigning – having a near 3-month break from the game has allowed me to come to terms with, and put actions in place for, the 3 reasons that I listed above as well as the other reasons I have not described here.

Why do I want to become Enforcer again?
I have recently spent time reconnecting with people from the community, both in private and on the community platforms, many of whom have encouraged my return. I have started to play regularly again where I have found that I have immensely enjoyed my time on the server, which is a welcome contract to how I felt several months ago.

I am amazed at the massive boom in popularity the community has seen over these recent months, with a near continuous 128 players during peak hours which is fantastic to see. It is also great to see an expansion of the staff team with new people, of whom I feel my wealth of experience would be immeasurably beneficial for.

Much of my more personal reasons for wanting to become Enforcer have not changed since I last applied and have been a staple throughout my time in the community. In the interest of keeping this as succinct as I can (for me at least) I will add links to my previous applications at the end.

Why am I a suitable candidate?
Compared to my last application, I have over doubled my dedicated PERPHeads playtime to over 1,800 hours. During my time as a staff member, I dealt with a huge number of reports, having a fast response time and an accessible way of keeping players informed about what was going on.

I also had a hand in many action requests and in the vast majority of cases provided prompt decisions on both ban apologies and ban disputes. I was vocal at staff meetings, acting as a change agent to make sure the staff team’s work was reflective of what the community both needed and wanted in balance.

My time as both the Chief of Department and as a Senior Moderator meant that I needed to be appreciative of all sides of the community, as decisions I took would affect all of them in some way. My great appreciation for all aspects of the player base has not changed and I stand by my principle of ensuring that the community is for many, not just a few select individuals or groups.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
You can read my previous applications below:

2014 Application
2021 Application

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Your time played on the server must be at least one week.
  • No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record, this includes both the forums and the server. (1 month)
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them.
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. If you have any questions, comments or concerns then please do not hesitate to leave a reply below or do feel free to contact me privately on Steam or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Big +1 on this. Acerius took the time out of his day to help me parse through the rules when I asked him on Steam messenger today, he was extremely patient, knowledgeable and respectful.

Reaction score
A1l your cringe, Acer is an amazing person and a great mod. He just dosn't know what hes doing half the time! Good luck getting your rank back. Acer4Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.