Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
show me tha 7 th best meme of 2018
if u wont ur vault is empty

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Murtsley. Firstly, while you are probably correct in the fact that Belg Lmfao and Imperial Watch's org may have had all the characteristics of a properly made functioning roleplay focused organization, its theme and the way they executed it was certainly in the same category as the rest of the examples made in the original post above. The reason for this is that their organization could've still sent people on missions and tasks (quests) for them, but made it realistic and fitting into the setting / theme of the server, which it was intentionally not. It was however intentionally made as a mockery and a satire of an organization, demeaning of the server and its rules.

To address your concern in regard to your argument about "driving a large portion of the new players away", most of the organizations I mentioned as examples of properly done roleplay and well-executed themes, these organizations usually had a code or a set of rules on how to behave and I never really remember any of these examples specifically targeting new players of sweatervests if you will. On the other hand, I very vividly remember many a times that non-roleplay organizations raided sweatervests and stole from them, just like they would from anyone else, because they did not care, as they had no set of rules or any structure to their organization which would suggest such an action to be wrong.

As far as Peter the Peanut goes, I love every person in it. However, Peter the Peanut has been gone for a while now and none of its core members are returning to the server. Also, the original version, which was Peter the Prophet, had all the characteristics, ranks and behavior of a religious cult and therefore should probably have no problem in regard to this suggestion.

Reaction score
@obidan66 Think about it like this, what's more realistic.

A tribe of cavemen with clubs...

or...

a group of underage girls with rifles peddling drugs?

Reaction score
@Dan In current time and setting, with the theme of the server? I think its completely unrealistic for either to be present. You could substitute cavemen with people who are mentally insane perhaps or suffering from some mental condition. However underage girls with rifles peddling drugs? This isn't Japan... And I'm pretty sure even in Japan this is not a thing? Did you ever see anything come even close to this anywhere in the US or UK? Cause that's as close to Paralake as we're gonna get IRL... There were excellent Japanese organizations in the past, however, for example, Shaun's The Dragons which had everyone wearing a black suit, driving classic cars painted black, everyone having an Asian appearance and a Japanese name and always conducting themselves very professionally, their leader also had a sense for honor and respect. Overall an excellent experience.

But underage girls with guns? Do you really think that's realistic? Come on... Maybe they could be kidnapped women, that now act as drug traffickers for a cartel or something, but I really don't see any other way around it.
Lastly, that wasn't the theme of Mega-Lolis, the theme was just anime. Literally said that its an anime organization... So how do underage girls with machine guns or any of it come anywhere close to anything realistic, that could ever happen or ever happened in the past?

Reaction score
@obidan66 I mean you can’t really saying he can’t have a caveman org is a bit too far in the warriors they had a gang that went around on rollerblades or the baseball fans so you can make a gang on what you want like when I owned power rangers and we would run around with katanas to match the theme

Reaction score
@Knoxy82 I disagree, even the example with power rangers just seems like just another thematic way to minge around. Giving something a very unrealistic theme to just have an excuse to FailRP isn't actually roleplay, it's just being a minge and attempting to hide it behind a specific setting.

Reaction score
@obidan66 I mean I would disagree you can role play as anything so let’s say irl you’re walking down the street and you get mugged by 4 guys in a power ranger suit carrying katanas would you scream your organisation is unrealistic you can make an org for anything you want it’s what you do with that org that results in rp

Reaction score
Like when I owned power rangers we built a secret hq in forest and had a guy who would message us when people was breaking the law we would then get into minis and scream it’s morphin time and then we would tell arrive and zip tie the guy who’s been reported most of the time they died cause they didn’t want to get arrested

Reaction score
@Knoxy82 Have you ever seen or heard of that specific scenario actually happening irl? If we're dabbling in the hypothetical now, truly anything is possible. It's also possible that you go pick up some milk to a gas station and get shot in the back of the head or stabbed to death a person that is actually mentally insane and you die. That could hypothetically be RP'd on the server too, but it would still be RDM. Your situation can technically happen on the server, but that doesn't mean its not FailRP.

Reaction score
@obidan66 I think every org can be what they want this ain’t real life let’s imagine this as a movie or a game(which it is) you can do whatever you heart desires because let’s face it no one who plays this game is out on the streets growing drugs shooting cops etc so they come on here to ‘roleplay’ as this persons so if they want to make an org where they ‘roleplay’ as caveman let them why does everything have to be so serious you trying to limit people’s imagination is bad I see paralake like Gotham people driving sports cars killing people a small police force it’s only a game if people don’t want their org to be serious then they don’t have to

Reaction score
@Knoxy82 That ain't how roleplay works mate. Roleplay has rules and it has a theme which you have to abide by. If you played on a let's say... StarWars or Halo server, you wouldn't roleplay there as the Dragonborn because its roleplay, that's a different theme and a setting and in the context of those servers is just FailRP. Precisely as roleplaying Anime or being an actual Power Ranger is FailRP here.

Reaction score
@obidan66
ephrataarmedrobberweb-1494764863.jpg

^ This guy robbed a gas station wearing a minecraft hoodie. Is that realistic?

Reaction score
@obidan66 Just to confirm, being here a long time doesn't make you wise.

I've been here since 2013 and everything that came out of your mouth in that post was just pure drivel. Because I can remember many organisations from 2013 that were memey, and the staff allowed it because it was
FUN

Reaction score
@Dan Yes, because he wasn't actually being a creeper. He wasn't hissing and he didn't explode. He also wasn't a square creature. He was just a guy robbing a gas station wearing a hoodie with the theme of a video game. If you wanna be a guy robbing a bank wearing a hoddie with anime pictures on it, that's totally okay too... I don't see the validity of this argument.

Reaction score
@Dan Says you joined in November 2014? No matter. I respectfully disagree with you, because the organizations that were memey back then would be considered top-notch roleplay focused orgs today.

And as I stated in many arguments beforehand to this, if you actually check the rest of this thread. Fun is a relative term and means something different for everyone since the premise of the server is however Serious Roleplay, I would assume that fun for most players of the server is engaging in interaction and roleplay with other players, creating stories, history and interesting encounters, interactions, etc. I am not attempting to take all the "fun" as you refer to the general lack of roleplay you defend, however, I am trying to minimize it as it right now the dominant part of the server and the community at large.

Reaction score
@obidan66 who made the theme I didn’t see in the server info that this is based on America crime is just says serious roleplay and the only who gets define what’s serious or not

Status
Not open for further replies.