Ban on non-roleplay organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 6228

If I wanted to make suggestions, I'd make them.
Just because you've been here longer, doesn't mean your point is more valid and better then everyone elses. These organisations do not work out, removing non-rp orgs would just kill the server off right now and its not he change to make

Reaction score
I'm not saying that because I was here longer, you are automatically incorrect. What I am actually saying is that since you haven't been here for the era of functioning organizations, as they were intended and for the lack of non-roleplay organizations, you probably can't make the most accurate of assessment based on the fact that you joined two or three RP focused groups over a year after the Org Rule Change.

Also since you brought the argument of there being better ways to encourage RP and you cant present any, then don't voice that argument, as it has no factual weight, therefore end up being just empty words.

Lastly, as I stated beforehand, I disagree with your opinion that it would be detrimental to the server, as it was proven in the past to actually improve the state of the server drastically and it is the fix that is long overdue.

Reaction score
I made this back then as my first org, a OG Waypo if you wish https://perpheads.com/threads/paralake-services.3464/

Criminal "non-RP" orgs have always dominated the server but I'm not up to remove them. I am however up for giving those that try perks and benefits I pointed out before in ths thread https://perpheads.com/threads/organisation-update.40376/#post-304381 .Illegal activities (Drugs only for now) should not be allowed when you're in these type of organizations e.g. where it should straight up prevent you from placing drugs and meth or else we would have some crazy and stupidly powerful legal orgs roaming the streets with their illegaly acquired money.
Copy paste below
Encourage the creation and usage of legal/crafting orgs where you can buy materials for less tax or even tax free after a certain level by crafting x amount of weapons and/or buying x amount of materials first. Or getting a official company registration for a high fee.

If abuse is a problem then make it so that you can only sell and give the weapons to non-org members and not use them yourself but I doubt this would create any problems. If you happen to find or craft a gun by you, make it so you can use it a week (IRL days) later to counter it and encourage mass crafting if there is tax involved.

Reaction score

Big disagree react from me. @Belg Lmfao and @Imperial Watch's org sent people on loads of little quests to get weird items for rewards, this was an interesting shift from the norm of run and gun. Whilst it was a ridiculous thing, it was really funny and a lot of fun. I don't know anyone that encountered them that had a dislike for what they were doing (except for me, I apparently wasn't allowed any quests because "I don't have nearly enough skills" /s/).

Funny organisations are what give the server a bit of flavour, otherwise, it's the same shit of edgy teen being a big hard criminal that immediately cries upon dying in OOC, and whilst that's fine for some, funny groups break up the monotony. A lot of the organisations that you advocate for are what drove a large portion of new players away from the server because this is their rotation:
  • Grow some drugs for a bit;
  • Raid someone from a rival organisation;
  • Get shat on by them;
  • Take out a sweatervest because they're easy pickings (not for the items but just for the fun);
  • Sweatervest leaves because they've lost all their startup cash and don't want to sit in a Roadcrew station for the next hour to get enough money to get raided again;
  • Whine in the shoutbox about there being no players and saying it's PLPD's fault.
A few other interesting organisations; Aldi, PLIP, Lidl, Tesco and Jefferson Regime (Shameless plug).

You also forget that under this new regime, Peter the Peanut would be disbanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.