Police Suggestion Base promotions in command teams from work done and standards set rather than a position opening.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: After seeing @Sir Zac 's promotion with dispatch, I wondered if this could work PD wide. E.G If Head Of TFU works to an extremely high standard captain-Major to work alongside Head of Tac Ops as they currently do rather than under them. I think promotions should be exactly how we've dealt with Zac's rather than everyone being like @Super_ having to wait 2 years for a position to open. I think promotions from LT to Major should be dependant on the work you put in for your division rather than the position you hold, if that makes sense. People may still be a command member without being a head however hold the same rank as the head or their line manager as the work they put in and position they hold. I'm not 100% for this as there's obviously the issue for if they're both the same rank decision making can be harder and determining who's more responsible however their position rather than rank could determine that. A perfect example of this is how I've always run my command teams. Working with @GamingPeach currently as equal, however I obviously have slightly more of the blame if we do something wrong, I think Peach deserves to hold the same rank as me rather than be a lesser. I think same as being an SMT member shouldn't be dependant on your position or there being only 3 I think it should be dependant on the work you put in for the department and standards you hold, Head of TFU, RTU and Patrol should be able to be in SMT regardless of their position.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
-More incentive to work
-People don't do less because there's no more progression with them in the department E.G go inactive

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
-Responsiblness
-Decision Making

Last edited: