Reaction score
STEAM NAME:

Bert

STEAM ID:

STEAM_0:0:58815916

IN-GAME NAME:

Bert Sanders

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

I'm going to keep this fairly short and sweet, obviously I could write an essay here, but I think that would just be a waste of everybody's time. Quite simply I am interested in taking up a position as helper to be in a better position to help members of the community (new and old). Expanding off this, adding some extra guidance to newer players at later times where other staff might be unavailable. Overall I am genuinely interested in being put in a position where I can help the overall growth, and improve the experience of newer players within the community.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?

At a glance I understand most community members are going to be hesitant with this application, and I completely understand that. For the majority of my involvement with the community I have been seen as a minge, and I am well aware that my demonstration of the rules (Forums and in game) as not been the best at times. But aside this, over the past few months since my return in March I have been working on improving my "image" within the community and I think I have done a fairly decent job of doing so. With this in mind over the past 3 years I have still managed to keep a pretty spotless record, I have accumulated a total of 11 warnings none of which I am too particularly proud of, and were the result of some really dumb decisions, and I have accumulated approximately 0 bans in my time within the community. I absolutely love helping people, especially when it comes to newer community members, and have no problem with basing to upwards of 8 sweaters at one time showing them the ropes, and how they can get started. On top of this since becoming a supervisor within the PLPD I have taken extra care to mentor newer officers, ensuring they can operate and police properly increasing the level of roleplay found within the PLPD. On top of this I am constantly making an effort to answer any questions that may arise in /help chat or in OOC.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:

In terms of relevant experience I have quite a lot, within Garry's Mod I have had the opportunity to hold similar positions within different communities, and have excelled in doing so. Other than that there isn't much worth noting that I feel is applicable for this particular position.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

At a glance I understand most community members are going to be hesitant with this application, and I completely understand that. For the majority of my involvement with the community I have been seen as a minge, and I am well aware that my demonstration of the rules (Forums and in game) as not been the best at times. But aside this, over the past few months since my return in March I have been working on improving my "image" within the community and I think I have done a fairly decent job of doing so. While understandably I know some people may hold a grudge against me for my prior actions, I am genuinely looking for some community input on how I can improve for the future! Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
+Support

Definitely think you would be a great helper as you not only follow the rules perfectly but are also helpful to alot of new players. Only things I would say is that you need to become more active, which I have seen you become recently. Gl :)

Reaction score
Since I got Command my activity has slightly decreased, and I am well aware of that, and has something I have been working on addressing, I had an amazing opportunity at work that took away from a few hours of my in server activity, thankfully my activity will be returning to normal within the next week. Thank you for your response and feedback! :)

Reaction score
don't get me wrong you're a great guy in this community but I haven't seen you on particularly recently (I haven't either so thats probably why) but I know from when I have played recently I haven't seen you in /help replicating any actions a helper might undertake

Reaction score
Understandable I appreciate the reply, I still have been on the server on a daily basis, often times around 5 - 6 PM EST which may result in you missing me! I’ve been gone for the weekend (This past weekend). I appreciate the feedback and will make sure I am taking the extra step to make myself more “present” in help chat at all times, although I will say I constantly try to answer any questions that may arise! Thanks for the constructive feedback :)

Reaction score
+support Bert is a really sound guy who has always been there to help me out with whatever, he is an old enough player to have a good experience with rules and from what i have seen knows them to a good extent. Good luck bro

Status
Not open for further replies.