Code Monkey Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and reply to the accusations. I will start with the road crew situation. This was dealt with in game and ruled I did not break a rule. I warned you ahead of time not to use props on my car and threatened to kill you. I was trying to get to an org member that needed urgent help getting away from the police. It also is completely unrealistic for you to put a wooden board under my car and lift it up. In terms of the bazaar situation, it sounded like my shop was being crowbared so I wall banged and accidently hit someone in the shop across from mine. It was purely an accident that I hit them. They were purposefully taunting and baiting me because I had mugged them earlier that day. He was crowbarring his own shop to make it sound like it was mine. With this all being said, I respectfully decline that anything I did was wrong. If I had to do the situation over again regarding roadcrew, I would have dealt with it differently by respawning my car and choosing another car that didn't need to be fixed. I tried to clear this up over discord and then you sent me a message saying "how much you paying?". I found this offensive that you think I would pay you to remove your post. You said it was a joke afterwards but I did not find it funny.
1e4f2a0394c6561d12941b225e6ea8e7.png

Reaction score
Funny how @Code Monkey didnt even consent to have his car prop pushed.

Both parties should consent to roleplay, in this case it didnt happen code obviously didnt consent to him minging his car.

@John Daymon i dont agree with how you see roleplay, both parties should consent to the roleplay beforehand.

The roadcrew is in the wrong, he took matters in to his own hands and thought it was ok to minge the car up with a prop.

Reaction score
I'm explaining why I think it's a bad idea to give you a higher position this is not an action request where you can say "already dealt with". Even then you can hardly say it was dealt with as it was closed without me being given a chance to say anything, the report was just marked as dealt with, I didn't even get to show the video to anyone. Even then no one said that you didn't break rules you are LYING again but you didn't receive a warning because I roleplayed lifting your car, which was explicitly said.
When you threatened to kill me for fixing your car I should have run away but I honestly thought you were completely joking as no one has done anything similar to that yet and it sounds unbelievable that someone would be serious about killing you for doing services that you paid them to do. But none of that matters you clearly broke 4 or more basic rules in a short period of time and not to mention "Just swing your wrench at the car" is not something you would not say to a mechanic in real life, you clearly don't understand basic concepts of roleplaying yet.

As for the bazaar situation, I don't know why do you feel the need to twist the information so it works in your favor, which is what I was scared about in my original reply but this further proves my point. You didn't "accidentally hit someone" you injured multiple people and killed one of them as what you would expect from opening fire in a usually crowded area. Showing no regard for others when the situation does not benefit you is not something a helper should do.

I also find it very insulting that you would add me on discord to talk and completely shift your way of treating to me (being very nice and kind) just so you can ask me to remove my post, as if anyone is blind enough to not notice what you are trying to do. Most people that entered our chat room talked about how you were saying horrible stuff about me without me being present (altho there is no way to prove this). And what really annoys me that on top of that you pull something that I said out of context again proving how you would gladly lie to misrepresent the situation (something that staff member should never do as they are more trusted than regular members). What really happened was aqua (I think) jokingly said how I should make a reply saying that you tried to bribe me to delete my post so I jokingly asked you "how much you paying?" and then said that I was joking. And all of this happened while you were talking to me so in the middle of our conversation, not at the end of it like you are suggesting there is no real way of you thinking this was a legitimate offer.
0JwHnAr.png

To sum up everything I said so far I would recommend:
-Stop being double-faced, that is a very unwelcome characteristic;
-Stop constantly lying to mislead staff or anyone else (very bad for people who are in more trusted positions);
-Start trying to roleplay, what you have done to me shows a complete disregard for any roleplay and even when talking to me on discord you said the only thing you would change about the RC situation is that you would gunpoint me and order me to magically fix your car faster, maybe try playing with some other people that usually roleplay to get used to it.
-Start being respectful to anyone and not just selected people, not everyone is your enemy. Your default behavior should be nice even if you don't know a person instead of coming off as an asshole.
-Start helping people without mentioning it to anyone like you have an "adventure card".
-Start taking into consideration other people and act accordingly even if it doesn't benefit you if you want to be a helper. This doesn't mean that you need to always put yourself at a disadvantage but it means not explicitly making other people suffer greatly in order to slightly help yourself.
-Start learning rules, you thinking you broke no rules at the RC situation (not mentioning other incidents) shows me you don't know how to follow them.

Reaction score
@Eviction Notice roleplaying is not exclusively doing something not possible within game mechanics. For example, before zip ties were introduced you could still restrain people and they would have to play accordingly even if they didn't consent to be tied up.

Reaction score
I've gained some respect for you, also with this reply. However I have to take a look for the rules in my perspective, which I know some people will go "What the fuck do you know about that, you were demoted for breaking rules bitch". Okay okay let's take a chill pill here young man.

In all seriousness. The Staff member who said that to you, whoever it was was in the wrong, this wouldn't have been allowed, that's the same as someone metagaming, and you metagamer or shoot him over it. That is a rulebreak on a rulebreak which isn't a solution, especially not as a staff.

On the other hand, I can absolutely understand your frustration, especially in a busy situation where you have to help out a friend, and he should accept that. However I still have to say that Roleplay was supposed to be a huge part of the Perp gamemode.

You can see this is many ways, Code I'd still love to see you gain the chance as a Helper. But I'd also love to see some acknowledgement, it takes a lot to acknowledge issues, a thing I failed brutally on as a staff member and also before that.

Reaction score
again the issue is that you're comparing an action which is relevant to the core game loop of the server to you lifting some random blokes car when there is already a perfectly good fixing mechanic

also I get that you're trying to be all smart by linking definitions and such, but it just makes you look like a bit of a twat

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Jack P I would just like to add that I would have no problem with fixing his car faster if he just said something along the lines of "Hey my friend is in trouble can you work as fast as possible", but instead he started being disrespectful right away and started to threaten me while also breaking character.

Reaction score
@hidewhite2 I'd also like to point out some stuff that is stupid you said "start to roleplay". You don't have to be a roleplayer the same way you did, to become staff. You don't see any staff remotely doing that, unless you consider suicide bombing police and getting spanked by police roleplay.

I'd also like to point out that you should no change subject to something completely slanderous unrelated, make a report or just don't bring it up. When you haven't seen it from his perspective or was directly involved.

Reaction score
@Jack P I do agree that roleplaying like that is not necessary to become a staff member I just thought it would benefit him but still, I think that every staff member should understand roleplay even if they don't do it themselves (which I don't code monkey does).

I do disagree to an extent about your last point tho. You are right that I wasn't involved in that situation and therefore I can't understand it completely however it was obvious he opened fire on a usually crowded area while having no idea who is he shooting at. I'm not saying he broke rules I'm just saying that what he did is inconsiderate even if everyone killed/injured deserved it.

Reaction score
@hidewhite2 there's literally a lifted mechanic in the game thanks to the map developers for your sake of lifting cars. It is located at the impound lot. Theres a difference between someone wanting to roleplay and game mechanics issued in the server to help roleplay (cop rp). In the future tow the vehicle and take it to impound lot and use the lifted mechanic.... not so hard is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.