Concealed Carry firearms

Reaction score
Ever since I first joined PH back in 2014 I've always asked this question, why can't we have concealed carried firearms? The answer is obvious, Paralake is a crime ridden city where people being shot on a daily basis is a normal occurrence. However, this is also the exact reason for being able to carry a concealed firearm. To make this post easier to view, I will provide a point and an explanation in a paragraph, and hopefully spark discussion about one of the most perilous questions asked.

The first major reason why concealed carried firearms are a necessity are because of the rampant crime. Everywhere you go, you're unsafe, whether it be mugged near the parking garage to being gunned down in a massive shootout in front of the PD, you have no way of protecting yourself. There is a dilemma each player faces, go to jail or go to the morgue, and unfortunately due to the laws and policies of the PLPD, most people end up without a gun, in jail, and with a 5k ticket ($$$ might be wrong).

The second reason is because most people already carry firearms on them, including me. People like us risk our imprisonment for our protection, which depending on the situation can cause an incursion with 3.4. I know that community policing isn't exactly a strong suit within the police department, but charging someone for having a pistol on them is redundant, a waste of time, and leaves one (or two) officers sitting around while there is actual crime going on. Officers, I ask you this, where would you rather be; arresting someone for having a Walther PPK on them, or patrolling and stopping people actually doing harm with their weapons.

The last reason I want to state is that removing firearms used legally hurts the in game economy. Currently, when you are caught with a firearm, your weapon gets removed, you go to jail, and pay a hefty fine. With the current system, that money (from what I can tell) doesn't go anywhere, so by citing and removing the firearm from the person, you are actively hurting the city. But while people are selling their firearms, money is transferred and is eventually reintroduced into the economy, either by buying from another player, or to taxes which go to the city funds. One last thing I want to point out is firearms are still legal to sell, but not to be utilized in the way they'd be most useful, which means most firearms stay in storage not helping anybody or anything.

In conclusion, being able to conceal carry firearms, helps the city, rather than just an individual. Paralake has a rampant crime outbreak that even being outside the police department doesn't mean you're safe. Being able to carry firearms on your person would also remove the need to waste time charging the person, cite the person, and removing the firearm, all which actively hurt the city. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and if I get enough support I will make a shorter list and introduce a law form.

Reaction score
I think it'd be sick to have some kind of concealed carry permit but it would have to be super expensive and some-what hard to get. Perhaps if you're caught mis-using a firearm your license could get revoked/suspended?

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of having to get a license to carry, because that would turn away people and ultimately ruin the point. But, if that's the way it had to be, it should be a short quiz demonstrating knowledge of firearm safety on PLPD online, as well as reducing the punishment for carrying without it.

Reaction score
Or... Or... just don't be an idiot and get caught with a gun. Although, I do agree that concealed weapons should be allowed anywhere (ofc except places like PD, CH etc etc)

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean don't get caught with a gun, when officers stop and search you randomly. The only option to not get caught is to not carry at all, which what I'm trying to remedy.

Reaction score
@Freedor IAs are handled correctly and are very moderated. It's not just 1 person saying "Oh yeah let's do nothing" or "reprimand him" there's a system in which a meeting between complaints committee where they look at complaints and come to a verdict. I believe it's a vote.

Reaction score
To develop on @Aquaa's point, I believe in order to get the concealed carry permits done, the PLPD should do a weekly weekend exam/test which consists of a written application and a practical where you attend and go through basic procedures to prove you can handle the weapon in a proper manner, but I don't know what could be done to punish those who misuse such a thing.

I love the idea but I don't know how this would work overall due to me not knowing a way to punish those who misuse or abuse such things.

Reaction score
As I said to Aquaa, I don't like the idea of having licenses as it will create a lot of work, instead to have the greater impact it would be better to just allow it in general.

Reaction score
I've never jailed someone for illegally carrying a firearm, I would always give them a chance to store it first. A reason that cops confiscate guns is that when ever a situation occurs guns are pulled and people are killed claiming self defense which is the biggest lie there is. Giving people a valid reason to carry guns all the time would lead to an increase in gun related incidents.

Deleted member 5577

If this became legal everywhere you'd get more idiots shooting at the police over a ticket and things like that also people don't usually get jailed just for having a gun on them unless it was used in some way or found in connection to another crime for which they may have received just a ticket.

Deleted member 5577

Doesn't matter it still would most likely make it more prevalent

Reaction score
This is excessive i think an online test would be cool or just pay the mayor $6k for a permit to carry a pistol or $14k for an AR permit.