Delay when driving cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've always had this issue and never thought to address it until now. I'm from the US, and get a steady 100-110 ping all the time. Since cars drive serverside (i think), i get about a 1/4 second delay before my car turns, brakes, or accelerates. I thought this was just my location until Paul Harper, whos from the US as well, said he gets around 180 ping and doesn't have any similar issues. If anyone knows what could be the cause of this that would be great.

Reaction score
M8 driving is fine. I have 260 ping and i drive my mclaren like a god. Ask @Jay how many times we out run cops easily when i drive.
Edit:
One way i got good at driving at 260 ping (and shooting) is i just kept driving like a maniac and i always drive suepr fast and just drift so i have a good grip on how much the delay is. For shooting i just kept shooting and i just got "good" at it idk how.

I guess you can say, "hard work beats talent" @ayjay ツ

Reaction score
It's not input lag, I have pretty good gaming peripherals, and I have wired gigabit internet. I just hate having to anticipate turns like way before I should have to.

Reaction score
I'm from Sweden and get 130 ping :) 15 ping on every other game though :):):):) And I don't get this so it's probably not the ping :) :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not input lag, I have pretty good gaming peripherals, and I have wired gigabit internet. I just hate having to anticipate turns like way before I should have to.
Neither of these have to do with input lag, this can be a software thing. Make sure youre not in windowed fullscreen but actual full screen. Ensure you have all drivers blablabla. Also this might not be ping but something else. I have experienced this on American servers enough even with normal ping. Cba to google it right now but yeah there is an explaination for it. Also if you have shit fps like 99% here it might be thay,, because perp cars usually respond slow anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.