Do you work in public services or healthcare?

Reaction score
Yes.

And if you think the smell of insulin is bad, you should smell it while it is fermenting or when we are feeding it. It is a foul smell that nearly made me barf.
sounds disguisting, do u have any masks or?

Reaction score
sounds disguisting, do u have any masks or?
Technically you do, but you get used to it. There's only one place where you never get used to it and that's the sugar feeding tank. It is so disgusting, and I usually hold my breath while I feed the sugar in to the tank and shut the lid.

Reaction score
Technically you do, but you get used to it. There's only one place where you never get used to it and that's the sugar feeding tank. It is so disgusting, and I usually hold my breath while I feed the sugar in to the tank and shut the lid.
Heres a little tip. Get two disposable masks. Inbetween the masks add toothpaste and create a mask sandwich, wear it and should help with the smell

Reaction score
Heres a little tip. Get two disposable masks. Inbetween the masks add toothpaste and create a mask sandwich, wear it and should help with the smell
It's easier to just get it overwith. I have to do it about once every shift, and the tank is only open for about 30 seconds so.

Reaction score
I currently work ont he side in a factory where we produce milk and milk products (TINE) innorway on the side of my elderly home job and school for paramedicine and i know the smell of sugar feeding tanks. YUCK. We dont get masks tho lmao!

Reaction score
I currently work ont he side in a factory where we produce milk and milk products (TINE) innorway on the side of my elderly home job and school for paramedicine and i know the smell of sugar feeding tanks. YUCK. We dont get masks tho lmao!
Masks aren't issued either, but I know where the storage room is so I could just take one. But yeah. It is a lactic acid bacteria growth tank. It smells like 100 year old cheese mixed with 5 year old spoiled milk and some rotten eggs. It is FOUL

Reaction score
I'm a policeman

portrait-of-young-smiling-policeman-stock-photo_csp19013142.jpg
I'm a
1663601202472.png

I actually do IT for a Police Force. Currently 2nd Line Support, Moving to Desktop Support next month.

Reaction score
Well, I wish you luck with you training. I know how it feels when things don't feel as fulfilling anymore. Hopefully you make your way to being a first responder, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Working in the public services field is a great thing, I've enjoyed it so far.

Reaction score
Well, I wish you luck with you training. I know how it feels when things don't feel as fulfilling anymore. Hopefully you make your way to being a first responder, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Working in the public services field is a great thing, I've enjoyed it so far.
Basically during the first lockdown since events weren’t running I was working with the NHS doing Covid testing and vaccinations and I dunno why but I found it extremely fulfilling that I was helping people. Since I stopped doing that I felt like something was missing in my life so did some first aid for some football games and found I realised what was missing, in events I wasn’t helping people as much.

So becoming a first responder I think is the best route for me to go down right now and lucklly because it’s for events/film and TV I can still do my event lighting work and do medical stuff inbetween. Gotta pay the bills ya know

Reaction score
I am a first responder like you, basically go to events, do first aid on people who need it or send em to the hospital if necessary.

Although I do it as a hobby, on a volunteer basis after many hours of training.