Let admins do RRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/server-admins-doing-rrs.33048/

Main Idea: Allowing admins do refund requests.

Full description of the idea: I dont know if this has been suggested before or not, but il do it again if it has been. Server admins should be given the power to do refund requests Ingame. Reason why i am requesting it as SA+ staff hardly come on and do the RRs. Also i have been doing the f6 and wait patiently when Bolli or MrLewis has been on the server and they dont do them.

Why should it be added?: People dont have to wait for SA+ to get online to hopefully get their RR f6s answered and items refunded. Letting admins do refund requests ingame will allow peoples items to be refunded faster than normal. Currently i have been waiting since about 4th April for my items to get refunded, yet when i go online there is either no SA+ on or if they are on, they are either semi afk or busy.

Pros: Extra reason why they are Admin, more power than just regular staff stick. The ability to prove that they can do Refund requests properly.

Cons: Could be abused easily, might need to code another addon.

*Other additions: on discussion post, someone mentioned about boxes and menus.

*Images: Only image i was gonna post was the one that archibald made on the discussion.

Reaction score
Refund Requests are where items are put into boxes, and the items are obtained by spawning them in. Admins don't have the permission to spawn items in and I don't think it should be a thing and it should be left to upper management, although it may be inconvenient for players.

Reaction score
Refund Requests are where items are put into boxes, and the items are obtained by spawning them in. Admins don't have the permission to spawn items in and I don't think it should be a thing and it should be left to upper management, although it may be inconvenient for players.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reaction score

Isn't there some sort of log for these types of issues? or isn't thre i'm not really sure tbh

Reaction score
While I think this is a great idea I'd like to have a change to the refund system completely, this is because of how ineffective it is at the moment with @MrLewis and @Bolli having to manually get the items for every single refund and them being the only people who can do it.

What I'd rather have the system be is where it works with some kind of list and checks what items they need and as soon as that person goes on they can easily hit some kind of keybind to report that they want their refund, it would then check for their SteamID in the list with what items and link to the thread of their refund, then an administrator or a moderator can easily check what the person is doing, pull them aside and press a button that spawns their package with their items that they need from their refund just like the system works now but automated.

It would like something like this

7f829fce2d.png

after the spawn box has been hit the option for that person dissapears to assure that no one abuses the function.

If you have any thoughts or additions to this please just add it, this is just a thought I had in mind

Reaction score
What I'd rather have the system be is where it works with some kind of list and checks what items they need and as soon as that person goes on they can easily hit some kind of keybind to report that they want their refund, it would then check for their SteamID in the list with what items and link to the thread of their refund, then an administrator or a moderator can easily check what the person is doing, pull them aside and press a button that spawns their package with their items that they need from their refund just like the system works now but automated.
I have a discussion post open for something very similar. https://perpheads.com/threads/new-system-for-refund-requests.33053/

Reaction score
I don't think it should be too difficult to make an online system that can insert data into the PERP DB for items. Simply making an order for your items back and allowing SA to just hit "Accept" and running an SQL statement for it.

@ayjay ツ @Samuel This shouldn't be too hard right? I could see you being able to do this in Bootstrap.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I don't think it should be too difficult to make an online system that can insert data into the PERP DB for items. Simply making an order for your items back and allowing SA to just hit "Accept" and running an SQL statement for it.

@ayjay ツ @Samuel This shouldn't be too hard right? I could see you being able to do this in Bootstrap.

Bootstrap is a CSS Framework, so that wouldn't make much of a difference, but you're right in saying it wouldn't be too hard.

@OP
Giving administrators the task wouldn't really make sense, as it'd pass the job down to just a few more people, the ideal result would eliminate the refund interactions in-game all together - What would make sense is having refunds go through a form on SCAMBans, and then allowing staff members / senior administration to mark them off, so all refunds are sent to the players storage. This would require @Fredy to spend some time coding the process though, but it wouldn't be too hard for him.

It's a matter of development, it's all very possible but you've just gotta see what @Fredy says.

Reaction score
Bootstrap is a CSS Framework, so that wouldn't make much of a difference, but you're right in saying it wouldn't be too hard.

@OP
Giving administrators the task wouldn't really make sense, as it'd pass the job down to just a few more people, the ideal result would eliminate the refund interactions in-game all together - What would make sense is having refunds go through a form on SCAMBans, and then allowing staff members / senior administration to mark them off, so all refunds are sent to the players storage. This would require @Fredy to spend some time coding the process though, but it wouldn't be too hard for him.

It's a matter of development, it's all very possible but you've just gotta see what @Fredy says.

sounds better this way, but currently there is only what 5 people doing RRs? SA+? if you allow Admins+ then its like another 3-6 people no?

Ayjay

Reaction score
sounds better this way, but currently there is only what 5 people doing RRs? SA+? if you allow Admins+ then its like another 3-6 people no?

Maybe it'd improve it a little, but I don't really want to spend my time refunding people when there could be an automated, more efficient process for it. Plus, this would remove any clutter on the forums, as the form on SCAMBans could be the initial interaction for the user as well.

Reaction score
Bootstrap is a CSS Framework, so that wouldn't make much of a difference
Sorry, I meant AngularJS (I was just thinking of Bootstrap at the time so I wrote it lol). I would have suggested PHP but its just "eww" and I know @Fredy has a hatred for it.

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant AngularJS (I was just thinking of Bootstrap at the time so I wrote it lol). I would have suggested PHP but its just "eww" and I know @Fredy has a hatred for it.
I feel like I should tell you that he also despises JavaScript...

Reaction score
I feel like I should tell you that he also despises JavaScript...
Who doesn't? AngularJS is a more powerful frontend framework that is better in pretty much every way and is better for this kind of job because it is built for single page apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.