STEAM NAME:

LEWIS 088

IN-GAME NAME:

Lewis Robertson

STEAM ID:

STEAM_0:0:26782483

United Kingdom

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:

I’m applying for Enforcer as I love helping people, I have a very strong passion and fond memories of PerpHeads over the last 5 years and want to continue being resourceful to the community, I think I have the added experience needed for the position having previously been part of the staff time on two occasions. I thought I'd split this down into different sections to make it easier for you to understand what you’re reading, I’ll start with a short introduction of myself for those of you who may not know who I am.

Introduction

So as you probably guessed my names Lewis, I joined this community way back in 2013 and finally joined the forums in February of 2014, I came here with some friends who had been asking me for nearly a year to join another gmod community, they eventually found PerpHeads in around November and begged me to join. I applied for Enforcer in March and was almost instantly accepted, I gained the rank of Moderator shortly after.

I’m from Newcastle in the United Kingdom, I’ve played games since I was 14 and have made some fantastic friends in the process, I even had the pleasure of having @Madda coming to visit me in the UK a few months ago.

Why should you choose me

Unlike some of the other candidates I have actual experience within the staff team, I’d like to think that I was a decent staff member back in my time and I think I’ve only improved as a person since last time. I won’t need to be given time to learn the tools that a staff member uses as I was also a staff mentor back when I was an Administrator so already know everything that there is to being a staff member.

Key Qualities

I would like to hope that people saw me as a friendly and approachable member of the community, over the years being part of perp I think I changed a lot and for the better and I think that reflects not only in my characteristics but in my playstyle too.
I’m a great listener and love hearing peoples stories but I think this is a useful skill as it helps me listen to both sides of an argument, I think one of my skills that I’m most proud of is that I’m unbiased, I don’t hesitate to punish friends or foe alike equally. I have excellent people skills and I’m not afraid to get to know new people, one thing I love to do on Perp is meet the newer players and get them involved in activities on the server an example of this is my Newspaper stand that I set up from time to time.

Activity

I’ve been back in the community for nearly a month now and it feels like I never left, I try to play as much as I can on the server and with my job I have more free time than what I used too, I hit around 100 hours every two weeks and this will most certainly go up if I have the extra duties as a staff member.

Rule Knowledge

I think the fact that I’ve never been warned or banned speaks volumes for my knowledge in the rules, I know the rules and the numbers to go with them, I’m also well acquainted with Paralake Penal Code.

Help Chat/ OOC Chat

I would describe myself as a role model to new and old players alike, I don’t mind spending my own free time helping players in the chats with any questions they may have I would often even go out of my way to go to that player and explain it fully for them, I try to answer as many questions that I can in the help chat by providing constructive answers to players.

My In Character Playstyle

I often try to create multiple situations for other players to get involved in my role play experience, Such as creating fish markets, newsagent stands, construction works or things like taking patients back to the hospital to create some extra roleplay.

Although I personally don’t grow anymore for my personal gain I have been known to sometimes grow for other people just so I can interact and meet new people, I would however prefer to use my time more productively by helping players instead.

I often try to help other players out by giving them car rides to places, tips or even them some items to help them along.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK:

Yes, although Teamspeak is quite pointless most of the time if you’re on the server roleplaying, I do however use it to interact with other users if we’re chatting about things or playing other games.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

Yes, listed below is my previous experience and kind of a little get to know me for you all.

DoG (DisciplesOfGaming)

When I was 16 I was part of a Halo community called Disciples Of Gaming (DoG) it had a ranking system and I spend the course of a few months rising through these said ranks to a position where I was in control of many of the other community members (Sometimes in excess of 100 players at any given moment)

My team (Section) was made up of mostly British players, as leader of this section I had some set our roles and daily duties, some of these may include setting up training sessions for the squad and other squads, sometimes it was essential to hand out punishments and deal with players who were acting against our code of conduct and daily management of the unit.

173rd Airborne Brigade (Military Simulation) Arma 2

After my time in my previous community I discovered the fantastic game of Arma 2 and quickly was recruited into a military simulation unit called the 173rd Airborne, this was around 2013 and I have fond memories of my time there. Again in this community they had ranks which were exact to the US Army, I spent the course of a few months also rising through the ranks there of which I gained the rank of Staff Sergeant which placed me directly in control of my own squad as an NCO. Some of my responsibilities would include running training sessions for my squad, I was also part of a sub section which was known as S2 (Military Police) this was basically a server admin for our public servers, some of my basic duties could include dealing with incidents on the Teamspeak or game server.

Perpheads 2014 - 2014 Moderator

I joined Perpheads near the end of 2013 and already knew before joining that I wanted to go for the staff role that was available on the server, In March 2014 I gained the rank of Enforcer and quickly gained Moderator after that, I resigned in July (if I recall correctly) due to personal reasons. I’m not going to go into detail of the duties as you as staff and players will likely know what those were as Moderator.

Wargaming.net (World Of Tanks Xbox 360) Supertester

After leaving perpheads I got heavily involved in WoT on the console, after a few months I wanted to put my resourcefulness to some use and went through a rigorous vetting process to become a supertester for Wargaming.net, now as I have signed an NDA I can’t go into much detail but it was basically a QA role for the company.

Perpheads 2015 - 2018 Administrator

After my time in another gmod community and on WoT I made the choice to return to perp after a short break, it was here when I gained my rank of Administrator which I’m very happy because I worked extremely hard in the community back then, I resigned in 2018 due to real life commitments (Sister being pregnant, having the baby, buying a puppy etc)

Thank you for reading my application.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since my last post got removed :( i need to make a new one.

I support his Enforcer Application although i haven't seen him as an Admin or moderator since i wasn't active back then and just joined perp in 2018. The last couple of weeks Lewis has been pretty active and has been really nice to me and other people on perp. And from what i heard about lewis from other people was always positive.

Reaction score
You haven't been back for very long, But to be honest, as a staff member you were great, so I'm on the fence but leaning towards a +Support.

My only major concern is how long you went inactive as staff before and how long you were able to get away with it.

Reaction score
My activity dropped in 2017/2018 for some real life issues at first I didn't think it would affect me to badly but then it was one thing after another (I got a new job, I bought a puppy, my sister gave birth etc) but rest assured my activity won't drop again.

I appreciate your comments.

Reaction score
Don't worry dud I'm here to stay again, at least for another 3 years xd And yeah, I spoke to Madda and he said now was an acceptable time to apply.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
The Nazi. A decent staff member. That went completely out of his way to find people breaking rules. I don't know why you'd apply for staff for a server you've only just been back on. You've, been an admin in admin meetings. Would you have accepted someone that hasn't been back for a week that applied? You could be the next Liquified Cactus.

Reaction score
Cactus was a nice bloke, And I didn't go out of my way to find rule breakers lol, and it would depend entirely on the person who applied if I would say yes to them in an admin meeting, also I was told that it was okay to apply so soon by both Bolli and Madda.

But I appreciate your response nonetheless Mr Wales.

Reaction score
Also not sure where you're getting "a week" from but I've been back nearly a month.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
My personal preference is I wouldnt like anyone thats left for a long period to be given staff if they've only been back for a week. Because it's very likely youll just get bored and leave again. I understand, you'd be a great staff member again, but my opinion would be the same no matter who it was. Ive been on most days this month but this week is the only time I've seen you.

Reaction score
@Daigestive I've only ever left the community twice in the space of 5 years. The previous time I left upon returning I stayed in the community for a further 3 years, and I never left because I was bored, I left because of real life commitments. It's not in my nature to return and then leave again, I've never done it, nor will I do it, again you may have only seen me this week but I've been back for nearly a month, we must have been on at different times.

But you're entitled to your own opinion dude, and I value it.

Reaction score
+Support

Has proven himself to be a great staff member many times and he just keeps coming back. Lewis has been with Perpheads for many many years and I'm so glad to see him back! A great community member that always brings positivity and I'm sure everyone will agree that he would be a great addition to the staff team once again. Welcome back ;)

Reaction score
You obviously know I'm going to support you in this application. Your a solid bloke with an amazing attitude towards enforcement of server rules and helping others out. You've worked so hard to achieve everything you had in this community and working with you back in the good old days of dispatch command was an amazing privilege.

I 100% support you in this application and I hope you get back to where you were soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.