Lower TFU armor

Reaction score
@Smily
There's an issue that you bring up hear: Realism. That's how it should logically work. There's a reason why no game you make can be exactly similar to real life or realism. You have to put elements that balance games. Even ARMA 3, which by game's standards is very realistic still has some unrealistic parts to it to balance the game out - for instance the locking on mechanism and how it looks like.

If you wanna speak about logic, logically Paralake would be a military controlled zone at this point. Civilians would've been evacuated etc.

It's stupidity beyond any point to assume PERP police, a game police department should be anything like real life police. And in all fairness, in 2016 it felt more like a police department out of the movies than it does now. Now it's filled with paper work and policies.

Reaction score
Every time I read "TFU" I always think out loud "Tactical Fuck U (You)" Pls do change the name back to SWAT at least.

Deleted member 4983

I'd say against bombs, maybe? But against grenades, yes. I used to base in slums with @Aero with a remi (although this is harder with marksmanship). And we were very competitive. We fended off loads of raids just because shotguns are just so good vs unarmoured opponents.

Deleted member 4983

As a new player you can try to listen for cars parking and footsteps outside and call cops. But if cops raid you, who's going to help?

Reaction score
@Samuel
me and @Ethan did some research on a spreadsheet, which we eventually forgot about. We'd need to do this for longer to claim it to be true, but that in all fairness should be the job of the staff to monitor these things.

Yesterday there was 14 cops, even though 8 org members, we still went: "no we're not doing bank robbery, no chance of winning".
bcf51fc786373f9190946f06ee5b4c1f.png

Reaction score
Would you prefer cops just don't raid anyone then? The armour TFU used is the same that SWAT used back in the day, it's no different. People didn't complain much then. You give SWAT a brain and suddenly tears are in full stream.

You can't just argue for new players because if we balanced the game to cater to them then it would be very easy for veterans.

Reaction score
TFU is just like SWAT.

They patrol, there's more than 3, joining process is an ass, there's no downsides to going on duty as TFU, everyone knows who the TFU officer will be who's on duty by looking at the scoreboard, TFU is more organised (which is not really a upside to it), TFU requires a special rank, TFU is counted into the police slots, not being able to determine how risky it is to perform a crime.

But yes, just like SWAT.

Deleted member 4983

tfu ain't the main problem rn, like Niko and I discussed in steamchat remove marksmanship and everything won't be op anymore vs new players.

Reaction score
Super, there is a difference in meeting the requirements and being active to the extense where you can actually look at it from the police department's view. I'm done discussing this, I'll leave it up to the SMT and SA and I'm pretty sure we already know the outcome.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can confirm as a TFU, 1 shot from .357 magnum kills us instantly. Funnily enough I've only seen this with .357 and not .44, .50AE, or .500

Sam

Reaction score
You are the one complaining and trying to pass your personal opinions of as facts. You need to be able to back up your statements with facts. Above spreadsheet does not show outcomes and it it over a very small period.

Reaction score
Make guns dirt cheap.
Thats the real problem not tfu.
If we can throw away guns we all can have fun.

Reaction score
I dont see a reason why guns shouldnt be cheaper....they cost 19k for a decent ak

Sam

Reaction score
How is that funny Cody, it's their opinion. Also, both of them are not cop 24/7, baggers is quite active as a criminal mastermind @Slayerduck