Server Suggestion Make reticle designer MUCH cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make reticle designer MUCH cheaper
Suggestion Description: They are currently too expensive and they could be used way more if they were actually worth buying for what its worth, else you may as well just go with the stock reticle (some people still probably use edited textures in their files).
Maybe up to a maximum of $20k?

Why should this be added?:
- A nice feature finally being utilised
- Affordable sights

What negatives could this have?:
- People who spent money might be mad (its like marksmanship all over again)

Reaction score
It can put you at an ungodly advantage as well as make your weapons both inoperable and unwanted by some.

Reaction score
1.3 MILLION DORRA THOUGH?! that’s some zarp gaming pricing right there
The most expensive one is 1 million. Normal one is 150k, if you remove everything but one part, and recolour it, it costs 1.000.000.
I like to compare it to buying car or upgrade for car, you spend money once and it is always there being heavily used

Reaction score
Honestly, i use my crosshair so much, that its honestly worth the money, especially because, lets face it, money is quite easy once you get used to the gamemode.
And even then, you can use it at bazaar shops to make slightly more money on each purchase, it makes me able to see a lot clearer when fighting.

Reaction score
I didn't know the main purpose for this was to be a fairly large money sink, is it per sight or once you bought it you can apply it to any sights at any time? I suppose I should've learnt more about how it works prior to creating this suggestion.

Reaction score
I didn't know the main purpose for this was to be a fairly large money sink, is it per sight or once you bought it you can apply it to any sights at any time? I suppose I should've learnt more about how it works prior to creating this suggestion.
You can put it on any sight that has a reticle that isn’t a scope upon purchase. Even on police guns if you take the tool on duty

Reaction score
just don't be poor?

XULi5dB.png

Reaction score
The crosshair system was intended to do 2 things:
  1. Provide a way for players to customize their reticles without having to edit game files. This also allows us to put some restrictions on what is allowed without having to moderate everyone's custom reticle textures.
  2. Add an additional money sink and way for players to show off (the "vanity" parts such as the smiley face and heart).
Custom reticles are a one time purchase which can be applied to any number of non-zoom sights using the optic modification tool. All relevant details about how to obtain and use custom reticles are covered in the section on them in the anniversary update post.

The pricing model for them is as follows:
  • The base price of a custom crosshair is $300,000
  • Crosshairs consisting of only an single "simple" part (i.e. just a cross or just a dot) cost an additional $500,000
  • Crosshairs with a custom color (not full red) cost an additional $200,000
  • "Vanity" parts such as the smiley face or heart cost an additional $1,000,000 per vanity part (currently the only vanity parts are center parts)

Reaction score
The crosshair system was intended to do 2 things:
  1. Provide a way for players to customize their reticles without having to edit game files. This also allows us to put some restrictions on what is allowed without having to moderate everyone's custom reticle textures.
  2. Add an additional money sink and way for players to show off (the "vanity" parts such as the smiley face and heart).
Custom reticles are a one time purchase which can be applied to any number of non-zoom sights using the optic modification tool. All relevant details about how to obtain and use custom reticles are covered in the section on them in the anniversary update post.

The pricing model for them is as follows:
  • The base price of a custom crosshair is $300,000
  • Crosshairs consisting of only an single "simple" part (i.e. just a cross or just a dot) cost an additional $500,000
  • Crosshairs with a custom color (not full red) cost an additional $200,000
  • "Vanity" parts such as the smiley face or heart cost an additional $1,000,000 per vanity part (currently the only vanity parts are center parts)
Thanks for the explanation lol I really wasn’t too aware of it’s functionality and intent, it was my first time looking through the menu ingame and saw that a smiley face brought up the price massively whilst also under a different impression on how it functioned but this does make more sense now. Though I do think a reduction of price in the vanity parts would be nice given they’re not really ‘e-sporty’, if it’s supposed to be more of a thing to flex then so be it. I’ll let you decide on that considering you coded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.