New Players

Reaction score
What's wrong with the drug system exactly? I personally like it, it's a little more in-depth, requires at the very least some minimal amount of attention and knowledge and isn't completely automatic as it was before. I think it's great. Making drugs shouldn't be overly easy even if you're not at the risk of getting raided.

Giving people physguns would be excellent, however, it would make me slightly worried about the server's economy. (donations)

Deleted member 5920

Not sure if this is a valid discussion since you said not to talk about reverting drug system, but would it be possible to remove water levels? They serve no purpose. Older players already know the right levels and never change them after however new players might not even notice them and lose their first batch causing them to rage quit. Other than that I agree with Obidan, I enjoy a more interactive drug system.

Another idea I had would be commissioning videos of tutorials explaining basic mechanics of the game. Rules could be mentioned, such as storing guns is not allowed in a raid ect. New players would be greeted with a pop up offering them access to these videos. You could also have messages in chat that auto spam.

On the topic of messages that auto spam, could we please have the forum and team speak help messages back on the server as they help bring in more players to the community causing them to stick around.

Tldr:

Remove water levels
Makes video tutorials
Auto send messages advertising forums and TS.

Reaction score
Another idea I had would be commissioning videos of tutorials explaining basic mechanics of the game. Rules could be mentioned, such as storing guns is not allowed in a raid ect. New players would be greeted with a pop up offering them access to these videos. You could also have messages in chat that auto spam.

Yes. This. @rogue you wanna voice another set of videos?!?

Reaction score
This is very true, best experiences I've had on perp have been with the people

Reaction score
I disagree with car damage being a complex mechanic at all, especially since bullet damage is fixed with a few wrenches and getting Tires replaced costs 1k. Plus, it is an entirely necessary feature to the game mode to have your cars damaged.

Reaction score
Not really an idea but, I wouldn't mind coming back to the server and actively play again just to help people getting started with either drugs or a job, I'm super patient so even though there might be people joining just to fuck around I won't really care, I'll take my time.

You could give a bunch of dedicated members a sort of Rank to show off that they're the first person new players should approach, or some sort of Report system that tells a person needs help with getting started.

Deleted member 4116

I love how 1 9mm bullet causes all 4 car tires to pop

Reaction score
you're always welcome to ask any of the 55 sweatervests in my org

Reaction score
i like the idea of some sort of guided gameplay/tutorial popup which you are rewarded for, appears in the top right of the screen;

Say hello to a player (0/1)
$1,000

Yell something using /y (0/1)
$1,000

Obtain plant pots (0/6)
$2,000

Obtain cannabis seeds (0/6)
$2,000

Plant drug seeds (0/6)
$2,000

Harvest drug seeds (0/6)
$1,000

Use monorail system (0/2)
$1,500

Purchase a new car (0/1)
$10,000

I could sit here and list these all day, there could also be different paths such as;
Select Illegal example Route --> Obtain plant pots, etc
Select Legal example Route --> Obtain fishing gear
Select other example route --> Obtain cash register and sell 6 items

** See APB Reloaded tutorial system or msg me if you are interested in implementing this as I can provide some nice ideas

Last edited by a moderator: