New Players

Jamal

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Well i'm helping sweaters with their start for a while (you dont have to be in the org to get help from me as there is a max of 3 sweaters allowed at once)

I like @Alyt idea of having small quests that are simple and help players start, probably the best idea that i've seen in a while. May be give them a physgun at the very last quest for may be a day or two just to allow them to set up defenses and grow 75k worth of drugs so then they can buy premium

Reaction score
I used to play PERP a couple of years ago, not sure when exactly because I can't remember the email to my old forum account or what it was called so (I'm not sure it even exists now) I'm basically a new player as I don't have a lot of playtime despite coming in and out of the server whenever I want to give it a try again.

I used to play PD a lot back in the day, however, I've found out that it's become a tad more serious and maybe even a little bit complicated, I used to love jumping in and out and this is where I spent most of my time and whilst people might be happy with it, It's not really my cup of tea and has pushed me away from that a fair bit. I might've not been the best at it at the time, but I did learn and I did get better but the feedback was given...in an interesting way, so to speak.

I think the main issue new players have is not really having much of a direction, PERP is somewhat big and generally, there is a fair amount to keep you busy, especially with other people but if there was something that could be done to get new players and players with a lower playtime more involved somehow, or even some kind of guide or some sort of direction at the start it would be smoother experience.

I also think it would be good to get newer players, or players with low playtime into an organization either automatically or optionally offered or a similar system so people can get involved with others a little bit easier, but this needs to be done in game.

Just a few of my thoughts and first impressions.

Reaction score
@Creepis apparently my conduct isn't good enough either, I don't know but I haven't trolled anyone, not been mean to anyone, nor have I even said anything stupid other than calling Thomas a nonce today but that was after my application. And apparently I troll, but wait... Why would I not at 2am at night?

Reaction score
@Creepis yeah, aswell as my behaviour when I got demoted is being used against me when that really shouldn't have anything to do with who I am now

I'm apparently impatient, for some reason that's a reason to deny someone

Reaction score
There was a time I was cop, and couple sweaters who based kept getting raided and they didn't have defences, so I went out of my way to build them some and they got raided again and actually won.

Piz

Reaction score
Tutorials would be really helpful imo as when I started playing less than two years ago I had no idea how to start and the only reason my interest was sustained was because other players helped me starting out with tips and such.

Reaction score
Maybe make it like a 1 in 10 chance per plant that you’ll get 1 seed back idk growing already way too easy

Reaction score
Make tutorial videos for common rules and important rules and drug/system tutorials, quite like the PD RTU tutorials, it’s more interesting for new players to learn since they’ll have content to read since most people can’t be bothered to read and it’s hard to explain such things sometimes.

Reaction score
It was removed due to the helpers occasionally giving bad info relating to rules etc which would leave staff with a more difficult job issuing warnings if players had acted based on bad advice. Of course you do sill occasionally get Minor disagreements from staff but the people that had helper ultimately weren't as knowledgeable as enforcers etc so there wasn't a huge need for them anyway. The only thing they had was a yellow physgun (No special properties like picking up players) and unlimited help chat so a good staff team is always going to be better than a bunch of people with Helper confusing things.

Reaction score
If you had an expandable drop down detailing how to achieve these steps this would be perfect. E.G. Harvest drug plants would be expandable and detail exactly where to go to get items and how to use them.

Reaction score
Hello, former PERPHEADS HELPER here from 2014.
I'm about to fucking lose it. Seriously, I'm at my fucking limit.