Second Server.

Reaction score
I think we should have a second server. Before you dislike this or mark it as dumb. I know it has already been discussed but a 4+ hour wait is insane! I don't understand where some of yall think that adding a second server will "split" the community. If any thing it will let the community grow!

Reaction score
I know it has already been discussed
This was indeed already discusses in shoutbox and various other topics, why again?

don't understand where some of yall think that adding a second server will "split" the community.
Then read those arguments again.
4+ hour wait is insane!
Then you're doing it wrong, get the auto join open and spam refresh yourself. I NEVER wait more than 15 minutes

Reaction score
I used to be heavily against this concept. However, when I took a break to play Arma 3, a lot of servers had overflow servers, when the first one would fill up, the overflow would go up, then if the server was below a certain amount of people after midnight, it would go down again. Kinda seems like a good idea, depending how much the overflow one would fill up by?

Reaction score
I feel like it would be difficult for staff to maintain. We would have even less staff to deal with reports when there is 70 players on, as staff would also be needed for the second server.

Reaction score
Well, this is confusing.

As it might be a good idea it has some downs in it as well, thing about this is basically this server is running on PERP which runs on a database, so it won't be a problem to link two servers to one database and simply run it and let people keep things between servers, but the main problem regarding such a change is the way it affects roleplay, Paralake City is one city, if people can exist in one city but not see the others it is in some way effecting roleplay, maybe @Xquality can be bothered enough to make a second part of paralake for example and a place you can move to it from one server to another, like some sort of a monorail station, but then again we don't need such a thing for the reason which is simply the community isn't large enough, 4 hours of wait or not the amount of people that wait is pretty small, usually 10.

So some might ask why can't we add more servers slots which I actually recently suggested and it got denied for a simple reason I am able to understand just now, which is the thing that is called the Source Engine, which Garry's Mod runs on, it simply doesn't support such an amount of people in such a customized server in such a customized map, as you can tell by games made by Valve themselves, they also make levels pretty short and you need to load all the time for the simple reason you load another map - because source engine can't support so many details, in fact the Source Hammer(Source mapping tool) limits you on amount of materials, amount of entities, and just limits you on everything, including the size of the map.

This why it might and just might not be a good idea, if it does get up I truly believe you should take care of roleplay(As I offered with the map thingy above) and everything, it just might, somehow, be good for the server, but only if the current server slots gets lowered and both servers will have even slots. making it so if you lower the first server to 50 the newly purchased server will have 50 slots as well(Making it be like a 100 slots server, where you are able to play on different places of the same city), and then again, how can you not move to the other part of the city because there are so many people??? What is that?! Well, you can do like due to the amount of people there is heavy traffic and you are "advised" to stay in this part of the city, hehe.

Anyways, good luck.

Reaction score
Hold on, are you telling me, you waited for 4 hours to join the server, did you honestly not think after like 30 minutes, hey, maybe I will join a different sever and wait for a little bit...?

Reaction score
Here's my take on the situation, a second server even when only open at peak times could be abused to fuck, let's imagine you're being manhunted by a specific org, or a specific police officer has been asiggned to find you, and you know this, you could just check what server there in and not join it, also the server would get like max 140 meaning people would join the second server to grow, and if you have a huge org just take over one server to grow on.

Reaction score
If you are waiting 4 hours then its a problem at your end. Even on that horrible auto join steam provides you can get slots quicker

Reaction score
Maybe have a lobby (waiting room) server where you just lounge around talking to others playing mini games until you get in the server. Only thing I can think of that will keep you busy/entertained while waiting.

Reaction score
Why don't you ask if we can up the player slots, don't say it will lag more because if you do correctly and the hosing company upgrades the RAM and Ethernet speeds it should be be good?

Or have I said it wrong? Its been a while sine I played with servers

Roj

Reaction score
Why don't you ask if we can up the player slots, don't say it will lag more because if you do correctly and the hosing company upgrades the RAM and Ethernet speeds it should be be good?

Or have I said it wrong? Its been a while sine I played with servers
If the server is full, you can see that the map is pretty crowded, therefor upgradibg slots to even higher then 70 is not a good idea in my opinion

Reaction score
If the server is full, you can see that the map is pretty crowded, therefor upgradibg slots to even higher then 70 is not a good idea in my opinion

The map is too big for 70 players. You never see the subs houses full, nor do you see all the shops bought in a normal day.

Reaction score
A second server isn't a bad idea, but I don't think it would work if it was basically a clone of this server.
What I'm thinking is that there could be a second server where we're put in a different scenario than on this one- Something a bit more interesting like maybe a prison, a zombie apocalypse, something that people have tried but obviously more serious than their failed DarkRP servers.

Reaction score
How about we test having 80 players on for a few hours or something like that, just to see if it's a better solution.

Reaction score
Making another server woud just cause more problems like:
  • Powergrowing in a 'bunker' of a house
  • Server mostly empty
  • Tonnes of exploiting and non-seriousness (RAID ME I DARE YOU XDDDDDDDD)
If the devs add more slots to the server, its gonna be bad because people would get disconnected (lag) and games would crash with loads of RRs being handed out by the staff team. It would be more unstable than nitroglycerine.
cWL40D3.jpg
VVnt1W9.jpg
WIa4di7.jpg

Reaction score
I agree there should be a second server but that means.

• Staff would need to be increase (taking time)
  • 2 servers is alot to handle and things can become out of control for staff.

Its a good idea but I dont reckon that it will happen.

Reaction score
I think that this is a really bad idea because it will just make it harder for staff and also I think that it will just effect how the community works. (Next time do auto join not wait 4 hours! Lol)

A1L

Reaction score
I'd rather have them to add more player slots and probably extend the map instead of actucally having a second server, I'd stick to one for now.