Server Performance p2

Reaction score
We moan the servers dead/dying then moan there’s too many people.

The lag isn’t that bad.

Every time I come on there is something to do and paralake is buzzing.

If I wanted to have perfect hit box and no lag I would play Warzone - oh wait even that game which has billions invested has similar issues…
Perp is very unique in that you have the risk of losing your gear, similar to Tarkov or DayZ. That combined with rivalries within the server and the teamwork needed to successfully raid is why we want to PVP on Perp. If you once played on the server when the ping wasn't as high and hit-reg seemed to be more consistent you can understand why people are not happy with this big change to the gameplay. We don't just want to go and play warzone.

We all want more players, and we know the server will never be perfect, but there needs to be a balance where it accommodates people that RP, PVP and just chill. For me I'd say that's around 90 players always seems to be a smooth experience at that player count or the devs find more fixes (btw I think what the devs do in the server is great).

Reaction score
@Efan @Tyla Jai I'd like to see what you guys have to say? This seems like a matter you can try to deal with in your hands
Hi mate thanks for the tag, although my answer isn't very helpful as I have a very limited understanding on how the tickrate works. In regard to server performance, I can truly understand the frustrations and would see why it would drive players off the server as it has made it less enjoyable for me too as basic tasks such as driving become more difficult. The only really thing I can say from a community manager standpoint is fredy is aware of the problem and making attempts to reduce lag and looking at the development issue tracker there are some ideas being considered but given this issue is way more technical than I understand I have no doubts fredy will respond or liaise with us to give you a better answer?

Reaction score
In my opinion I'd say higher tick rate over 128 players. All these clips speak for themselves, when you shoot somebody you want to see them die after you stop shooting not 3 seconds later.

Saying it doesn't affect PVP is actually insane because you literally see how many extra bullets people are wasting just cause the person hasn't looked dead yet. Not to mention the way it affects car chases which can sprout from roleplayed traffic stops and grow to be fun scenarios with a different playstyle element dependent on your driving ability which due to the tickrate is now extremely crippled in an unfair way.

Reaction score
server performance is what people are complaining about and pointing fingers at the playercount but the playercount also brings along untouched upon issues, such as the map not having enough properties to accommodate everyone since the properties are usually owned by solo basing sweaters. Another issue is staff can’t come on when the server is full and often times we have 3 active staff online, which leads developers like @Dank and @Ayjay to have to do reports as many of you may have seen.

Reaction score
server performance is what people are complaining about and pointing fingers at the playercount but the playercount also brings along untouched upon issues, such as the map not having enough properties to accommodate everyone since the properties are usually owned by solo basing sweaters. Another issue is staff can’t come on when the server is full and often times we have 3 active staff online, which leads developers like @Dank and @Ayjay to have to do reports as many of you may have seen.
Where as housing is a problem which is being resolved I want to address the staff issues.

Staff not being able to join is the most ridiculous excuse I have seen yet, even at 30 - 60 players there is no staff on quite often even when they are needed. These are the times us developers need to do reports on the occasion.

I also fail to see how reducing slots is going to get more staff on. The server will still be full, and if this is truelly an issue, why has this not been brought into slack so we can resolve it? Complaining on a thread won’t help with that.

Reaction score
I also fail to see how reducing slots is going to get more staff on. The server will still be full, and if this is truelly an issue, why has this not been brought into slack so we can resolve it? Complaining on a thread won’t help with that.
Meant to reiterate that the issue with the player count in general at this moment in time, not that it would be resolved with. I attempted to come on 3 times in the last 5 days and on all occasions the server was full. Having about 10 player slots reserved for staff was what I thought I pointed out in this post but apparently, I didn't.

Reaction score
Meant to reiterate that the issue with the player count in general at this moment in time, not that it would be resolved with. I attempted to come on 3 times in the last 5 days and on all occasions the server was full. Having about 10 player slots reserved for staff was what I thought I pointed out in this post but apparently, I didn't.
While I do agree that reserved staff slots is a good idea, I would assume that's a whole server suggestion own.

I also agree with @Dank, I'd say in my opinion if the staff team (consisting of about 30 members) is not showing activity to the degree that we have developers taking reports then it's really really embarrassing )(considering the quantity available). Sure some staff have timezone differences where they legit CAN"T get on except at times in which the server is full, justifying their situation for needing the staff slots. However for the rest of the other staff, some you rarely see them like a legendary pokemon while others show little to no activity. I appreciate and I am grateful for those who prove by action that this description of staff is contradictory to how they operate as an individual staff member and to that they are the heroes we need as staff but unfortunately everybody is different so we can't really tell who is the hero or pokemon.

As a discretion this is my personal opinion and I am simply passionate about helping pursue a good solution, I am not here to bash anybody or cause drama.

Reaction score
Just wanted to state my opinion:

It's not the servers fault... It's gmod in general. @Fredy and the other devs did a lot to reduce the lag/latency already, but I'm quite sure this is the hard limit of Gmod.

Wait for S&Box to come out and hope to god that PERP also gets migrated to it.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Summary:
Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because snd was already dead.
I'd agree most shots are just bad aim. Not like I am allowed to comment on bad aim.

But if you look, the officer in the back that got shot... There's bullet holes right behind him when he moves.