Stepping Down

Reaction score
Hey all

Anyone who knows me well enough will know that I love to write a long message, but I’ll try keep this one relatively short (no “half a bible” @Madda @Collier )!

Basically, I was recently reminded that my mock exams are coming up and how desperately I need to revise for these to get an OKAY grade. Mocks generally aren’t too important but considering what happened to the year 11s last year, I’m not taking any chances. I’m sadly not one of those people who just learns things and a lot of work will have to go into getting through this, which is why I’ve elected to make this decision.

Why resign? Well, whilst I could just idly sit on this rank and be borderline active, that wouldn’t benefit anyone - not at the least myself. Balancing PERP commitments with IRL commitments has been absolutely fine up until now, but I don’t see that working this time around and I’d be much better off having nothing on my plate to get this done. There are other people who deserve this rank, who’s potential I’d just be blocking. I’m sure I will still have free time but I’d just rather not have anything to majorly distract me. This doesn’t mean I won’t still play the server, I’ll just do so without a rank.

These last 4 months have been absolutely amazing and I’m so happy I was given the chance to be staff and enjoy the best time I’ve ever had on gmod, not to mention in a long time overall, so thank you especially to @Collier and @Madda for the opportunity you’ve given me, as well the admins who supported me in becoming Enforcer. I’ve made some genuinely great friends through perp and without them I’m sure I wouldn’t have lasted 4 months, so thank you also to everyone who I’ve had the pleasure of just having a laugh with or talked in TS with for a few hours; it’s the little things that mean the most to me. I won’t name any names as there’s too many, but a special thank you goes to @Blackdown, my american older brother and @Mimball for bringing me back to the server in April - I haven’t forgotten! @McGlinchy is ok too

This definitely isn’t goodbye, I’m sure I’ll be reapplying after my exams are finished next year, but until then; it was a good run.

Thanks for reading.
You'd better re-apply!! You were one of the top staff members on perp, still are in my heart, least you won't follow me around constantly when I'm RC now!!

Reaction score
You'd better re-apply!! You were one of the top staff members on perp, still are in my heart, least you won't follow me around constantly when I'm RC now!!
won’t lie mate if I saw you in an RC truck, i would get curious and watch over you for a few minutes

Reaction score
won’t lie mate if I saw you in an RC truck, i would get curious and watch over you for a few minutes
Nothing to be curious about flugs, especially now that there won't be some pesky UAV watching me when I get in an RC truck

Reaction score
all this UAV talk from goody two shoes ernies :facepalm:

@flugs + @blobvis 2.0 UAV'ing vs. @Kenty and all the other staff OOP-

Ck1GokB.png

Reaction score
one of the most genuine guys i've met on gmod. glad we could sort stuff out, from the outside looking in you were in my opinion one of if not the most helpful staff member. good luck with your exams and hope to keep in contact :)

Reaction score
sad to see u leave the staff team one of the chillest staff member out there, good luck with ur mocks n shit

Reaction score
Oh Flugs, You were and always will be a great staff member. Since I came back this year you have always been a shoulder to lean on and someone who I take great pride in calling my friend. You have done so much for this community as a staff member, and behind the scenes; you really are someone of value here and I hope you know that.

Take all the time you need focusing on your life and what matters to you, I think you have great motivation and you can make it wherever you aim. I wish you the absolute best of luck and I will see you around <3

Deleted member 1235

Didn't you guys just have the last 5 months off school?

How much longer do you need to revise lmao

Good luck anyway, I sneezed my way through my mocks and got accused by a middle aged Nazi (aka the invigilators) of cheating and communicating with others