[Suggestion] Bring back the old drug pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Re-implement the old drug system, but keep the complex new one Fredy created in 2016. The major difference is that only the big pots should come back, the small pots were very dumb IMO.

Complexity doesn't always mean it's better, but in this case I believe it does. The advanced planters have much better control over how much water each plant is given, as such when they're given just the right water per second, you receive as much product from the plant upon harvest as physically possible.

I firmly believe that the old potted plants should have a reduction in yield to make it fair for the people who put effort into their drugs, and want to make as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time; rewarding dedication and time.
People who prefer a simpler and less optimized system would pick the old drug pots. They'll have a fixed growth cycle, yield less and take much less effort to set up. A seed, a pot and only about $1500 to plant one pot. And additionally would never die from the lack of water.

As such, the old system should certainly have less benefits such as 15-20% less yield compared to the advanced planter system.
(15-20% is a ballpark figure. The actual percentage would need to be discussed, in regards to what would be fair.)

I think this is a good compromise between people who can't be bothered to manage a more complex drug system, but to reward the ones who put their effort into it.

Why should this be added? (pros): A good compromise between both systems for end users. Simplicity could retain new players for the moment they feel they are ready to try using advanced planters for more profit.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Re-implementing the old drug system could complicate teaching new players how to grow as they may become confused when they look at all the different ways to grow. The implementation of this idea will make basic planters nearly obsolete. Their only advantage would be the one extra plant per batch.

*Other additions: Specifically re-write all the planters' description to specify what each of them do, so that new players can understand their purposes much better.
An example to this is:

(Old) | Classic pot: A simple pot for basic gardening. Seeds planted here manage themselves.

(New) | Planter box: An advanced planter that allows for much more in-depth gardening. If done right, can yield more product over classic pots in the same amount of time.

E9I2Z6V.jpeg

TbOCXQr.jpeg

Reaction score
I see no issue with letting players grow with 10 small pots like the old days tbh. Good old bit of fun that was.

Don't use the old models for them though they looked nothing like drugs and I would love to see the old drug models return as decorative plant props.

Also, in general the new system is far better for newer players as the basic planter has recently been adjusted to be a simple place and plant money printer machine.

Reaction score
I don't mind this whatsoever actually, this sounds like some good ol' nostalgia, but, I do have to say that they should probably change the marijuana plant model so that it doesn't clip through every wall.

Other than that, I do like the idea, I kinda miss the thought of coming back 20 mins later to get your weed, replant n' leave. This will especially mean that the clock has a new feature next to just being decoration.

Reaction score
Considering that V5 changed the way drug growing works slightly, and for the better, I'm honestly no longer of the opinion that bringing back the old drug pots would be beneficial in any regard. It would serve only to complicate the new player experience, clutter the crafting menu, and result in longer introduction guides that have to explain what these legacy pots even do, and why they could be important.
It makes a steep learning curve, steeper.
This is not a good idea.

Close and move, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.