Updating vehicles

Reaction score
Bmw m3 e92

It's a bmw with a v8 engine and it doesn't feel right its too slow i mean the Mitsubishi evo X is better and that costs 400k less

For IRL reference

i mean im fine that its a gas guzzler because its a v8 but the acceleration and speed is just bad for what the car actually has under the hood.

In all honesty this car is pretty slow for costing 1mil-950k

Reaction score
The Jeep Wrangler has laughable torque even though in reality it had 120-210-224 LbFt (depending on the engine). A Ford Raptor or a Range Rover for comparison has only twice as much.
And also in PERP it's a two-wheel drive car (I don't remember which two).
It should have much more more torque to compensate for non-existent 4x4 drive and the fact that it doesn't climb steeper hills than a Mini Cooper (55 LbFt).

This car isn't fast (even though in reality it's quite fast, but forget about it) but it does and should have high torque compared to normal cars. I mean it's a 4x4 Jeep! It has to be able to climb much steeper hills.

Reaction score
@Krzeszny As I have stated several times in various places... Source does not allow for a vehicle with high torque to go up a hill but lower top speeds when on flat ground without just slamming into what feels like a very hard set limit. So if you would like, you're welcome to try to do it yourself with the scripts TDM provides on his SVN, or write from scratch and see if you come up with something better. As to your point about it being only two wheel drive, that's actually BS considering I can tell you right here and now that it is simply untrue, it may seem that way when the wheels are punctured but that is how it must be done as to create a realistic sense that the vehicle has little grip with rims alone. Again if you'd like to do better, have at it, I'd like to see what you come up with instead of simply complaining.

I am very tempted to list all vehicles, with prices of purchase and per upgrade and allow people to try to figure out a better system of balancing than what I presently have in place. Adjusting the current prices is out of the question as people may already own that vehicle which would either give them a bad deal or an extreme boost/easy money. I'd be curious to know how people would rather do it. All I can tell anyone attempting to do it, beyond 120-140 the vehicle handling starts to become a bit sketchy and acceleration required is extreme at the slightest touch, so I would recommend you stay below that.

Additionally, it must be noted that we deal with a rather inflated price over the real car as there's multiple expenses that you do not have in the real world of cars so even if a real Nissan GT-R isn't a huge amount more than a BMW M5 or similar, the price you pay in the long run is much greater but not on the server. So that's one reason prices are as high as they are, as well as the fact that coming by money isn't exactly a hard task, so you'd afford a GT-R or any car for that matter in a couple days so cars that should feel "rare" and "exotic" are just commonplace and no standard cars are driven making those entirely pointless to keep around.

In summary, my feeling is that the more you pay for your car the better it should perform, so if you put a 150k improvement into a 300k car it should be roughly the same as a 450k car base. So that's what I have balanced for the most part to be like without having to change any price of a car to make it fit this. There may be a few cars that "should" perform better than they do but I could find no way to properly balance this with the problems I mentioned before about higher speeds. All I can say is this, if you feel like you have a better scheme, feel free to suggest how you think it should be done because realism is not fully compatible with Source engine as well as the existing structure we already had.

P.S. Anyone that had the fuel bug over the weekend you should've found your car to have nearly a quarter tank of fuel so you could easily go get it refilled. If Garry's Mod updates were more reliable, this wouldn't have happened...

Reaction score
I am not to sure if your still fixing cars or not but: The Mazda rx-7 Turning at slow and high speeds with A and D seems a little stiff But except from that, I love the new speed and the better control of the car at it's final upgrade, no more sliding around :D. Thanks < 3

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know that it's impossible in Source to have cars with higher torque but lower horsepower.

Now @Stephen, what can you say about adding new vehicles? Like the new S.W.A.T. van and a new firetruck and ambulance (there's an ambulance in the SGM pack that contains the new S.W.A.T van, firetruck TDM). And optionally a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Police (also from the TDM emergency pack).
The S.W.A.T. van has been accepted a while ago. You're probably working on other things though...

Reaction score
Is it possible to make the Nissan GT-R SpecV a 4 seater? Since it has enough space for 4 people and it's quite expensive unlike the audi tt where it's good it's just a 2 seater.

Reaction score
Is it possible to make the Nissan GT-R SpecV a 4 seater? Since it has enough space for 4 people and it's quite expensive unlike the audi tt where it's good it's just a 2 seater.
The problem with this is the fact that those seats are so small so our models would look fucked up not to mention the legs

Reaction score
Mazda MX-5 - This car, it is mostly good but when you step out when the engine is on I ALWAYS get stuck, so I decided to run away from cops, bailed my car with engine on... I got stuck > Cuffed > Arrested

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has said anything but the ambulance at low speed turns like a boat...

Last edited:

User0

Just going to put this out there that the BMW 507 seems awfully weird most times the back wheels will get stuck under the map? And then it would take a minute for them to get unstuck and launch me at 50MPH almost instantly.

Reaction score
For the hummer H1 I think they should be able to climb up the ramps without the upgrade, (the Crown Vic was able and it's cheaper then the hummer)

Reaction score
Is it possible to make any more bodykits? As I decided to upgrade my GMC Vandura today, and apparently the two bodykits were the default one and the secound one was just to remove the spoiler, as far as I know it isn't possible, but It would be nice to have something more for example for the Vandura. :smug:

Reaction score
Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012 has issues with wheels suddenly going under the map while driving at around 70-80, causing you to get stuck and/or skid for no reason. Also for 750k the handling is awfully stiff and I find myself having to pre-steer a lot.